Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

140 gallon build - Updated 09/30

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
GentlemanBean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2011 at 12:35am
I received my lights that I purchased from reefcentral and I couldn't be happier! The leds look awesome and it will really reduce the cost of running a tank this size. Right now I'm only using 1/4 of the leds while my corals acclimate but here is a quick shot.

I've moved my controller and all the equipment over to the new tank and everything seems to be doing well.

The outlet near the tank is just a normal outlet and rather than replace it with a gfci I did something a little different. I made a power box that has two gfci's wired in parallel. That way if one trips, the other will still have power. I also used a water resistant housing and added a cover to prevent any spraying water from hitting the outlets. I'm really happy with how this turned out.

It is so nice to have life in this tank after all this hard work! Thanks everyone for following along :-).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 1:40pm
Here is a quick update for September. I finally added a UV sterilizer (54w AquaUV Sterilizer w/ wiper upgrade). I also got a new permanent resident for my refugium (a mantis shrimp!) but so far it has been impossible to get a good picture of it.

I also added a few fish (hippo tang, sailfin tang, unknown bristle tooth tang and a hellfrichi firefish)

Here are a couple of shots:

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2011 at 1:50pm
That is going to look so cool when it is filled in!! Looking awesome so far.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 8:23pm
Here is a shot of our newest residents. Big smile They were actually added almost a week apart but they seem to be getting along well.

DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 9:24pm
Awesome rock work.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by DLindquist DLindquist wrote:

Awesome rock work.

Thanks! After having it stocked for a couple of months, I'm really glad that I left the sand open and uncovered. It makes working on the tank really easy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GentlemanBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 11:07pm
I finally was able to take a short video that shows my tiny green mantis. He is relatively plain but his little eyes are funny and he always comes out to watch me when I'm near his tank. You can watch it full size here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic