Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, Suzys Reef here!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SeahorseWhisper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeahorseWhisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, Suzys Reef here!
    Posted: June 10 2011 at 7:45pm
Hey, everyone! 

It is Suzy, long time ago big wig at Utah reefs! I was in the Presidency a few years back, had a falling out with Adam and got the boot from the forum. I am not sure why I am being allowed to post now, as this profile I made when I was teasing a weirdo troll we had back then. BUt, mine is not to question why..

No one cares at this point, of course. Not even me! I do admit I did care greatly at one time, I put a lot of time into this club, not to mention a hell of a lot of money. But, that was then, this is now.

Now, I put a lot of time into The Living Planet. I go there at least once a week, more if there is a project I am involved in. I don't get paid, I volunteer so I don't have to punch in, or put in a determined (by someone else) amount of hours or have to be on time or have to park across the street when it is crowded, which it always is lately. We had almost half a million visitors last year!

At this point, I do not want to discuss the issues we had back then. Not on the forum anyway. The entire valley knows the issues so that is a moot point now! But, I wonder if this forum needs an expert in fish husbandry, protocols and fish disease. Not that I am suggesting that is me!  I do know the experts in our valley. Andy Allison, the curator at the LPA is amazing in his fish nerdiness! Evan is the coolest, and very willing to share info whenever I ask. And, Maia is the most caring fish nerd I have ever met. I can ask them anything, anytime.Those silly guys told me their emails and their cell phone numbers!

I also have a bit o' knowledge about the incredible new thing we just got that most of the valley know nothing about! Most wont know it for a few months!

Also, are there any certified divers here? I heard about a 350,000 tank that is looking for entertainment possibilities....

Are there any of the old WMASers left? Anyone here more than a few years?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeahorseWhisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 7:52pm
Hey, BTW, I wont post here as this profile. Let me know if "Suzy" gets unblocked so we can talk. If you need any help with sick fish, need any pretty macro (cause we all know algae is cooler than corals, right?), want to  try to raise any fish spawnage or need any live food cultures, contact me on Suzysreef.com. Things are slow in the summer, too many vacations and pond parties, but this fall, I will do an open house.

See you then! My fish room is packed with stuff!  

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 10:27pm
Um, I never blocked you. I never banned you. I wasn't president and I didn't have admin access for things like that

If you and I had a big falling out you'll have to tell me about it sometime. I'm pretty sure I've tried to get you to come back a few times. You said it was "nutzo." Go back and read it

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37340

In fact about 6 months ago I called you and told you that should talk to Will.

Remember?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 10:29pm
I'm just saying that if you are mad at me for some reason that is fine. But at least have an honest reason for it. Or call me, or come over, or whatever.
I'm more than happy to talk, always have been.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jpiotrowski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpiotrowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 1:12am
Missed ya Suz.
Welcome back!
thathiep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thathiep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 1:24am
Welcome back Suzy.

Duy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeahorseWhisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 7:19am
I thought you wanted me to come to your paid conference thingy! I did send Will an email, never heard back from him. But, I am sure he will read this, or you can ask him for me. Thanks!

That thread was such a long time ago! You removed all the sweet things people said. I wish I had screen shotted 'em! There were so many nice people saying such nice things. You moved them to the hidden presidency spot? You should move them back so people can remember all the fun people! I wonder if they all dont have tanks anymore. The turnover is so high in  this hobby. I guess people get frustrated when things dont go like they want? I know I have thought about quitting a few times, when something terrible happens. I wanted to when the SeaBiscuit and Smarty Jones legacy ended. After all those years, it is heartbreaking starting over.

John, Duy, you guys are too sweet! I miss you too! I am not sure that Will will let me back so we'll see!

But, if not, you know where to find me! And when you walk through the Living Planet, be sure to say loudly "Wow! These seahorse tanks look great!". Those guys in biofacts get all the kudos when we do all the work!

Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 8:24am
Been a long time, Suzy. Adam, I can only say "hook, line, and sinker!"

Some of us are still around from whenever that bit of drama was.
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2011 at 9:37am
Some of us are still here and do remember all too well. It is over and done with so why are we so admit on starting it again?

Let's move on already..... Hug
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Simba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2011 at 8:58pm
Hi nice to meet ya. I have no idea whatever happened back who knows when, but its kinda contraindicating and slightly confusing when you say you've dropped it and are over whatever happened and then turn around in the same paragraph and seem to try to be stirring it up. I work with 30+ ladies at my office and know a thing or two about feelings getting hurt and stuff like that, and I have learned from experience, if its settled dont mention it and let the stones fall where they may Tongue This club is full of awesome people that I am proud to call personal friends that are just amazing and so helpful. 
Please dont think of this trying to ruffle feathers because that's not what this is meant to do at all. But hey nice to "meet" you and will probably run into you again on the forum somewhere!
-Sabra
100G Wavefront/30G Sump
Boston Terrier-Luna Piggy
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2011 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by Simba Simba wrote:

Hi nice to meet ya. I have no idea whatever happened back who knows when, but its kinda contraindicating and slightly confusing when you say you've dropped it and are over whatever happened and then turn around in the same paragraph and seem to try to be stirring it up. I work with 30+ ladies at my office and know a thing or two about feelings getting hurt and stuff like that, and I have learned from experience, if its settled dont mention it and let the stones fall where they may Tongue This club is full of awesome people that I am proud to call personal friends that are just amazing and so helpful. 
Please dont think of this trying to ruffle feathers because that's not what this is meant to do at all. But hey nice to "meet" you and will probably run into you again on the forum somewhere!

+1
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2011 at 9:21pm
+2.. lol.. is that how I do it?

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 10:42am
Hey Suzy!

Yes, there are lots of us, that were here when you were here, that are still around.

Undoubtedly, you bring lots of energy and "fun" to whatever you do...Reef clubs, Pond clubs, LPA, even your fabulous backyard BBQ/pond parties.

You also bring a lot of knowledge and experience with the hobby, especially with breeding and husbandry.

Lots of us really do miss you.

Do you really want to come back to WMAS and share with us your knowledge and experience? Then you should send Will a PM asking him to re-instate your account. The presidency is currently discussing it. Will is a great President and listens to the advice and input of the rest of us (presidency, members, and even guests). I personally would love to have you back...just not the "drama" that seemed to follow you around.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeahorseWhisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 11:08am
You are too sweet, Shawn! You must be talking about the Leopard Shark debate? How long did that go? That was a hoot! I still tell people who ask about getting one, what Jake told us. Nauseating still.

Give your sweet kids a hug for me? I really miss them.

Are any of these guys still around? Go big on the vid!

http://www.youtube.com/user/CopepodProductions?blend=2&ob=5#p/u/14/BbWezQpJl6o
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 11:53pm
Hi Suzy Smile
90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
Bluespotjawfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluespotjawfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 7:44am
Welcome back Suzy
Home of the baby Picasso!
jonafriendj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonafriendj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 12:02pm
Welcome back Suzy :)

How's your parrot doing!?
Pleasant Grove
rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2011 at 12:10pm
Hi Suzy!  I recall getting one of my first ever frags at your house, clear back in 2002ish...
jpiotrowski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpiotrowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 10:56am
Yes Suzy.  Tell us how your blood thirsty parrot isWink
Next time I come to your house I'll be wearing thick leather gloves!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic