Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noobie!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ch3tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ch3tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noobie!
    Posted: June 16 2011 at 10:37pm
I am from bountiful and have always been interested in salt water but have never had the guts to actually do it. I grew up with fresh water tanks and about 4 months ago i finally made the switch. I started out with a 10 gallon live reef setup in my office (i work for the Utah Jazz, so my tank is at the arena.) After i got that setup i realized it probably wasn't the easiest tank to care for on my first try but it has been up and running for about 4 months now and everything is doing great! Now i am currently cycling a 60 gallon frag tank at my home. I am a huge fan of salt water fish but the coral part just fascinates me! I love seeing the coral grow and i react to its environment. Another reason for the frag tank is to mature some colonies for when i get a large tank set up in my home (hopefully sooner than later!) I also hope to feed the hobby and grow coral for other people to take advantage of! My father is actually in the process of putting together a 225 gallon in his home which is going to be amazing! I am definitely new to the hobby and would appreciate any help/advice i can get. I have had the privilege of meeting a few of you so far and hope to get to know more of you. Thanks!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 11:07pm
Welcome:) This hobby is so addicting!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 11:09pm
Welcome to an awesome club and a great hobby!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 11:25pm
Welcome Welcome Welcome!
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:30am
hey! I live down town so if you need someone to stop by for assistance, I'm 5 blocks away! Welcome to the club and may this be the best addiction money can buyEmbarrassed
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2011 at 8:51am
Great to have you here! Welcome to the club.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
TSUNAMI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSUNAMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 10:41pm
Welcome!
135 Reef Vortech mp40w & mp60
40 SPS w Maxspect-Ps & MP10w
220 Build in progress :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic