Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

niger trigger really reef safe?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
russianrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 11:10am
Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time I had to take out all my rocks to get a fish out. I had purchased a juvenile regal tang and a royal gramma that were both smaller than my clowns and my clowns would have killed the both of them had I not taken them out of my tank.
In Soviet Russia, Fish collect YOU!
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 11:17am
Not the one I got... LOL Got one after commenting on this thread and it is a huge dick. Maybe 3.5 inches and killed a 4 inch potters angel, a lawnmower blenny and has beat up a couple of firefish really bad. I would be careful.
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 12:42pm
I'm thinking that I should probably just pass on the niger trigger and get a bunch more green chromis damsels to add to the two I have.
fishnfresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishnfresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 1:46pm
They are deffinatly not reef safe, reef caution maybe. But yea once they are adult size I would think 90% of them become aggresive. I had a niger and a huma huma both were not to bad till they became adults then started picking off the weaker fish in the tank. Took the huma huma to a LFS and he killed two of there fish in there aggresive tank. Go with the blue jaw or cross hatch imo most safe you can get with triggers
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 2:23pm
Damsels will be just as bad or worse
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russianrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 2:25pm
Why do you say that?  I already have two, and they are the most peaceful fish in my tank.
Saltwater Trish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saltwater Trish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2011 at 2:25pm
Will, bout fell out of my chair laughing at your "spawn of satan" remark!  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic