Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My CADlights tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My CADlights tank
    Posted: July 04 2011 at 12:08am
Well it has been awhile and I finally like how I have my tank layed out. Thanks to RFoote on here for coming to the rescue when I needed a tank:) I switched the lighting to LED seems its a small enough tank that I could afford it and a guy was selling a nice DIY unit on KSl that I snagged. I thought I needed more white as it was really blue so when I placed the order with RapidLED I got some more white LED's and some optics and let me just say the optics made all the difference!!! I no longer needed the extra whites and finally have a color I love!
Next however was figuring out how to take pics with these dang LED's, didn't take me too long though:)

Couple pics:
Full tank

Happy People eaters

Got these peach ones from happycoral as well and they literally glow in person!

I will update more later. This tank is mostly zoas/palys now with a couple LPS I love it and am so excited for all my zoas to grow in.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 1:03am
Very nice Jackie!
 Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

rfoote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rfoote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 7:22am
Looks great!
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 3:06pm
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
npatching View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote npatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 7:37pm
very cool. That green candy cane glows in the dark.
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 7:54pm
Thank you and yes it does! I love that candy cane for that reason!
Jackie Stuver

jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 10:10am
Very nice!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 5:35pm
Thanks
Jackie Stuver

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 7:35pm
Couple pics of the clowns. Unfortunately I managed to fry one of my picassos when I had them in a QT to treat for parasites, so I now only have the one. However with that void I was able to get one of Pams Mochas:) He is tiny but they are getting a long great. My picasso looks awful right now because he stopped eating while in QT after a few days and I now have to get him fattened back up.

Jackie Stuver

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 9:02pm
Oh this is SO freaking cute! Thanks for sharing!
 Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 9:40pm
Thank you I love the new little guy so cute! I can't believe how terrible my picasso looks right now:(
Jackie Stuver

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic