Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Android App?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Android App?
    Posted: July 07 2011 at 1:56pm
Developing an app takes time.  In the case of what you're proposing here, a lot of time.  If someone is talented enough and altruistic enough, then by all means have at it, but I'd prefer to be compensated for a project of that undertaking.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
SGH360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGH360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2011 at 1:53am
i guess the saying (there's an app for that) is not always true
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ocean_Critters Ocean_Critters wrote:

I use my android to check the posts all the time. I also use the ksl app for checking on there. the problem with viewing the posts on the android browser is it is so hard to navigate to topics and stuff. if we had an actual app them those of us would be able to do more on the forum. the KSL app is easy to use and navigate through. If someone knows what they are doing they can build the app easily and free with Google's app software.
here is the link to it!

I agree an app would be a great idea drop down menus and an easy way to repply to pm's
It's not about what you know but about who you know
Ocean_Critters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ocean_Critters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 7:11pm
nobody really needs to pay anyone. the software to create it is free. it would just take the time to do it. I dont think anyone can do it but I do think it is something that the admin could try out if they would like to. I am going to experiment with the software myself so if they want I will try to create one for them.

P.S. Chris, The Romans ARE crazy....... LOL
chris.rogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2011 at 6:11pm
There are some message board software suites that lend themselves to a mobile version of the same site.  It just requests the info from your browser, discovers you're on a mobile handset, and redirects you to the mobile version of the website.  ESPN does this, as do several other websites.  That would be easier (imho) than paying someone (me?!?!) to do the app.

Of course, the presidency would then have to find someone who could port the old board software and archived posts over to the new place.  I'm not a message board admin, nor have I ever been one, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Ils sont fous, ces Romains!
Ocean_Critters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ocean_Critters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 9:40pm
I use my android to check the posts all the time. I also use the ksl app for checking on there. the problem with viewing the posts on the android browser is it is so hard to navigate to topics and stuff. if we had an actual app them those of us would be able to do more on the forum. the KSL app is easy to use and navigate through. If someone knows what they are doing they can build the app easily and free with Google's app software.

here is the link to it!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic