Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

damn yellow tail damsel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kristine Woolsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine Woolsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: damn yellow tail damsel
    Posted: July 10 2011 at 10:24pm
weirdest thing he is hanging around the bottom of the tank I kept seein out of the corner of my eye a small sand storm. Couldnt figure it out since he was only one around. Then I caught him in the act. he backs into a kind of hole in the sand and puts his but in there and wags his ass lol. kicks up all this sand. he has been doin it for the last hr or so. goin around a peice of tonga branch a few times then makes the hole bigger. I even filled it in and he does it again. Damn fish is kickin sand on frags lol. Any one see this before or know what he is doin?
Kristine | Layton, UT | e-mail: [email protected]
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 9:55am
Never heard of it before, but since clown fish are damsels and do this I would suspect that the behavior is similar between the two.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
Lexnano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexnano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 10:19am
I've caught my chromis doing the same thing but have only seen it once.  
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2011 at 10:46am
My GSM does it all the time and she is huge so she make a major mess out of everything.  She can bury a fist size brain coral in less than an hour. 

I drop a decent sized rock in her favorite holes to keep her from doing it.  Then I remove the rock in a few weeks and see if she forgot she likes digging in that spot.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic