Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

? anemone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? anemone
    Posted: July 13 2011 at 3:30pm
i have a large anemone i got from shad for helping with his move last sat i put it in my tank and he found a spot he liked and was seeming to be doing well, then this morning i seen it on the sand at the bottom and it is kinda closed up not moving much so i picked him up to place him back on a rock and his foot is open looks like it is torn or ripping open my ? is should i get it out of the tank or will it be ok sorry i have no pic but when open it is close to 10 inch the foot is about 4-5 inch round and the torn part is about 2-3 inch and and is from the middle of the foot going outward towards the outer ends i can see the guts inside. i am thinking i should just get him out but the part of the foot that is not ripped is still stuck to the rock now and i dont want to make things worse ????? please let me know asap i have to leave for work in 30 min
Spbeyond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spbeyond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 3:35pm
Foot damage is usually fatal i believe.
90 Gallon Reef w/4 bulb 54W t5

I buy, sell and restore pinball machines. Got one in the basement? ;)
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 3:38pm
Unless the "guts" are coming out, or the anenome appears to be 'melting'...

Don't do anything yet.

Just keep an eye on it.
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 3:48pm
ok the guts are not out but i can see them .... i guess ill see what it looks likw when i get home at 11 tonight   thanks for the fast respons
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 4:00pm
It could be splitting maybe...
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 4:13pm
Yeah, if you've still got part of the foot attached to a rock I would just leave it be.

Sometimes the stress of a move will cause the anenome to split

Edited by BobC63 - July 13 2011 at 4:14pm
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Shad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2011 at 4:14pm
I've got one splitting..  It may be splitting..  Does it look like this:

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50149

daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2011 at 12:58am
Cry ok so i left it in the tank and when i got home from work i was floating in the tank and was full of air so im guessing it is no longer alive
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic