Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Premnas biaculeatus (Maroon Clownfish)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Premnas biaculeatus (Maroon Clownfish)
    Posted: July 17 2011 at 3:33pm
So I was lucky enough to get a clutch from David (Davser) from his laying pair of  Premnas biaculeatus. It is very interesting to me to see the differences between the species. These little guys are TINY, they are also harder to keep from my experience. They are 10 days old and still not even big enough to take a pic.
 I have had a lot of loss which is frustrating, but it is also neat to be able to have the experience of raising a different clownfish.
 Does anyone have experience they would like to share with me with raising the maroon clown? Any tricks of suggestions you may have??

Please chime in. And again, thank you David for giving us this opportunity :).

Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 4:05pm
You guys are welcome someone told me I really cant remember who that they are easy like the other clowns but since a lot of people think they are to agresive and sometimes hard to get that people dont try to raise them, I have never raised clowns so I wouldnt know what to say, however the next batch should hatch the 18 so tomorrow I think and you guys are more than welcome to take them
It's not about what you know but about who you know
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2011 at 4:16pm
Maroon clowns to me are one of the most beautiful clowns around.. I love them. I am really looking forward to watching the development of these little guys.
 They went from clear looking fleas to now going black so we shall see :). Thanks so much David for offering, it means a lot to me.
 Pam

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 4:28pm
UPDATE: The babies are now 2 weeks old and still too small to show a pic of them. They are now just starting to get their first stripes and starting to get darker in color. It is amazing to see the difference between these and my mocha babies.. there is a substantial  difference in size.

When they get bigger I will post pics of them. Another very interesting thing is they are extremely aggressive already which is interesting to watch.

This clutch was amazing. It was like fleas in the tank. They were very active healthy fry. They are more difficult for me for some reason. I started with hundreds and have maybe 20 left. I am going to keep tweaking what I do to be more successful of course.

I think a lot of the die off was just simply trying to keep the density of the rotifers up with that many fry was almost impossible. And of course once they go through meta you get a lot of loss.
 I am looking forward to getting my next clutch from David on July 27th and we can watch and tweak that batch and hopefully be more successful.

Pam

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 6:00pm
AWESOME Update!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 8:52pm
This makes me really watch the salt levels and temo in my tank im doing the best I can here
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 9:16pm
You are doing a PERFECT job David.. it has nothing to do with you at all. All your parameters are just the way I like them. :)
 Pam

davser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2011 at 9:21pm

This is how they looked las time troy sent me a pic like 10 days ago
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic