Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tanuki's Ocean 180 inside!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 12:04am
Fun to watch! Very cool!
210 gallon Mixed Reef
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 12:58am
W-O-W he moves a lot of sand!!! Very cool
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 4:59pm
So as you know the tiger pistol shrimp creates a sound with its claw loud enough to stun and kill fish.  They can even kill/ hold off a Mantis shrimp.

I started studying about them today, and found that they are actually the loudest animal on earth both in the sea and on land!  They can make a sound over 200db!
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 7:55pm
Your setup is very nice Clap

Looking forward to see you fill it up with corals-

Don't forget about the Fragfest coming up Sept 7th!
- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 7:57pm
^is that a Members only function?  Nice to meet you too. 
CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Tanuki Tanuki wrote:

^is that a Members only function?  Nice to meet you too. 

All are welcome but members do receive great benefits (like all corals half off Big smile
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 10:51pm
Membership does have it privileges!
210 gallon Mixed Reef
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:21am
Love your set up! Looks great! That is awesome you have a neighbor/friend that could help you out!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:39am
Yes it was very nice.  I need to just get an RO here soon, but i see it as one more thing I could potentially flood my house with as well ;)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:42am
Last night I broke up a good portion of my live rock to put the bits in the sump.  I probably have 50-60 lbs of live rock in the sump now.  I also added carbon to the tray with the first pillow that sits above the rock just as the water comes in.  I am hoping that is a good spot for the carbon. 
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:42am
Lol that is the same thing my wife says (esp. since I had a 210 gallon tank leak all over my house)

Needless to say looks great keep up the pictures!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 9:55am
^Thanks.  I siphoned my entire QT last night in the upstairs guest bathroom as I slept.  I was totally confused as to why there was a puddle in the kitchen this morning.  Oh well life goes on.  At least the 180 didn't flood. 
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 11:06am

^Thanks.  I siphoned my entire QT last night in the upstairs guest bathroom as I slept.  I was totally confused as to why there was a puddle in the kitchen this morning.  Oh well life goes on.  At least the 180 didn't flood. 

That awkward moment when water starts dripping from the ceiling... I've been there...
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 11:18am
^Luckily it is a linoleum floor and the water I think went all through the floor vent and out the floor vent down stairs.  SO I am hoping very minimal water damage to the drywall and insulation. 

I had a much worse incident when I learned about having the overflow box getting air in it killing the siphon on my 75 a few months ago :(
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 2:13pm
BobC I think that you have the date wrong for fragfest. The official forum post says Sept 1st.
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 2:29pm

^Luckily it is a linoleum floor and the water I think went all through the floor vent and out the floor vent down stairs.  SO I am hoping very minimal water damage to the drywall and insulation. 

I had a much worse incident when I learned about having the overflow box getting air in it killing the siphon on my 75 a few months ago :(

Lucky indeed, in either case the tank is looking great and I'm glad it went to someone who will let us all follow along!
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
435-8
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 2:35pm
^Thanks.  I should be getting a new lighting set up tomorrow, so good updates hopefully to come!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2011 at 6:58pm
I added another series of small caves this afternoon.  I wanted it to remain subtle though.  Observe:

Also Retested the water again today now that things have been living in it.  

Ammonia- 0
Nitrite- 0
Nitrate- Less than 5
PH-8.3 or so
Salinity- .025

I am pretty happy with the flow of this tank so far to say the least! I will probably add my remaining fish next week :)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 1:22am
Got a light in and set up today!  Thanks again Keith!

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 7:57am
I also added a stocking list to post one, though many are still in the QT (my old tank).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic