Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tanuki's Ocean 180 inside!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 11:33am
Looking good.  I really need an underwater camera!
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2011 at 8:38am
^Thanks man.  It was good to finally meet you at the reef fest!

Well just my luck, he came out for a photo shoot this morning!

Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 1:30pm
I was given the strange opportunity of discovering a Peanut Worm in my tank last night.  At first I thought it was one of those dead worm shapes that are formed on the rock, but then I thought I saw it move.  Then I pulled out the flashlight and as soon as I got light on it, it shot off faster than any of my fish ever have.  I looked again in that area an hour later and saw it again, but was able to watch it and find where it anchors.  That thing is really weird.  It is also my only worm in the tank to date!

Looks identical to this:

Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2011 at 2:07pm
Glad to see he made a home where you can see him.. Played peekaboo with mine and haven't seen him since lol
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 4:39pm
^me too.  Even after the rescape I found him last night! 

So in catching the anthias, I was forced to pull down my rock work. 

So I went from:

to:

How do you like it?  I will take some more pics with the full lights on tonight and post them.

Also I got a Tiny little sunburst anthias from Bill on Saturday.  He is almost too small for pics though so far.  I need to get him comfortable and take some with the underwater camera.  He is less than an inch long and yet he hangs out with my 6 inch niger trigger.  Confused

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 4:49pm
I like the new aquascape. It looks much more open. 
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 5:04pm
I really like the new scape!!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 7:51pm
Love it! LOOKS great!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 8:52pm
Thanks guys (and gals),

Here it is under full lighting:

and here is a comparison shot to show you how tiny my sunburst anthias is next to a medium/small pajama cardinal:

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 8:27pm
Well my buddy is completely re-doing his tank, so after some good dipping and cleansing, his corals are renting some space in my tank for a few months.  I hope they multiply like rabits while they are here ;)

This one used to be so beautiful, I hope it comes back

Lobos don't tickle me right

This is like a half of a melon in size? 8-10 inches across? Maybe 4-5 high when inflated

nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 8:48pm
those are some awesome pictures
480 in wall in progress
Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 8:55pm
Love those pictures!

ps lobos do tickle me! I love them!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 1:29am
New scape looks great and so do those pics!!

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 8:49am
^Thank you! 

Here are some shots of the tank now with the corals all placed and glass cleaned up:

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 9:39am
Here's the new addition!

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 3:43pm
very cool!

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 9:44am
Ok I have proof that this guy lives. Tank lights weren't on yet, but I have no clue if he is now out for good or not, so I'll take what I can get. I also redid the rock work on the right of the tank to mix everyone up. I created a cave that is 1.5 feet tall and maybe a foot in diameter. They all love it.

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 8:34am

SO updates on my Blotched Anthias.  He hung out in the big cave all day yesterday.  He would come out for food, then go lurk in the shadows.  Did this all day.  As soon as the lights went out at about 9pm last night, he came out to swim all around the tank and explore.

I am guessing in the next day or two he will be fully acclimated and ready to be his own man.

Here is a shot of the new rock work.  This is completely hollow inside, with a shelf in the front. The fish love this new layout.

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 3:00pm
Well since this is my thread, I can say that this picture can be in it.

I painted this this morning.

Oh and I also got a mystery wrasse last night!

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 3:46pm
Very cool, I love paintings:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic