Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zoa help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zoa help
    Posted: August 21 2011 at 11:33pm
So I got home tonight and something knocked my AoG zoas off their place. They happened to have gotten knocked on to some mushrooms.... They have opened up since already, but don't quiet look the same.   Will they eventually get back to their natural look??

Ready to get rid of 99% of the mushrooms in my tank because of this. Because it has happened with some of my Acans also and they are still recovering. :(
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 10:34am
Mushrooms can pack a sting, but if they don't look too bad, then there is hope for them. I'd move them to a low flow, med light area while they recover. Seems if you can put a battle damaged coral in a less stressful environment they recover quickly. Just my experience.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 11:26am
IMO, Coral frags that get knocked off is the bigger problem than having Mushroomsin the tank.
The frags I grew were on small to fist sized pieces of LBTR. The larger pieces would not fall when bumped. The small pieces could be glued in place with superglue and look just like part of the LR aquascaping. Smile It's a different way of looking at how to place coral.

Oh and yes they will probably recover, but may never look the same. That's how it goes with coral after a battle with another coral.

Edited by Mark Peterson - August 22 2011 at 11:30am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 12:03pm
Thanks for the info. Glad there are new heads coming in. I will glue stuff when I finally settle on a new aquascape.
Molon Labe
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 2:45pm
Just a FYI also Jared I didn't know if you knew this but once things are glued it by no means it permanent. The frag easily comes off with a little nudge. Believe me I have glued plenty of things down and changed my mind... :). You know me.. you should know that :).
 Also, the Dollar Tree sells gel glue for really cheap and it works great.
 Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2011 at 3:40pm
Yeah that actually helps a lot lol. I already have some of that frag glue that you get at the LFS. (Got it in trade)
Molon Labe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic