Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RO water

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RO water
    Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:41pm
i need some RO water i had to do a large water change and i dont have enough to refill my sump to turn on my pump im in provo and would like to find some close i only need 5 gal or so and can pay if needed thanks
Ahanix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahanix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:43pm
Maceys and Walmart have RO/DI
m.ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:44pm
If all else fails,  Many grocery stores sell it for about 40 cents a gallon.  years ago I used to buy it from Smith's Marketplaces before bought an R/O unit.

Edited by m.ash - August 27 2011 at 8:45pm
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:49pm
ok ya i might have to end up doing that   is it the distiled or will it say ro ?
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:53pm
The grocery store dispensers are RO units and they do say that right on the unit.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 8:56pm
ok thanks looks like im going to the store
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 10:04pm
ok so i went to 2 stores and they both told me they have distiled water to refill your bottles but they have no idea if it is RO/DI so i did not take the chance so i am still looking
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2011 at 10:46pm
It's most likely the same, they just don't know the difference, or have no idea what Reverse osmosis is.  Heck, tap water is better than not turning your pump on.  You need the pump on.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 12:36am
found some Smile
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 8:56am
I agree completely with Brad, use tap water and turn on the pumps. Tapwater is not a problem. Many hobbyists use only tapwater.

Also, distilled water works just fine. It comes in gallon jugs and is usually more expensive because the large and expensive distilling equipment isn't feasible to place in the grocery store.

All the purified water dispenser units I've seen actually have printed right on them that they produce Reverse Osmosis water. Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
McClure View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McClure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 11:21am
Sorry I missed this last night.... if this happens again you can call me 577-1479.  We live in Orem and have an RO system at the house.
daranged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daranged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 3:31pm
ok thats nice to know i didnt know if distilled was the same but the smiths super center in orem has a system where you can fill your juggs and it says RO on the unit but thank you all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic