Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Nominations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
ljbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 12:26pm
I nominate Will Spencer to help somewhere with the committee or presidency.  He is so into this hobby and loves to learn more and share what he knows.  He would do a great job for the club.
Linda Spencer
West Jordan
From My little corner of the sea
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 6:50pm
I would really like to try to give something back to this club! thanks for the nomination Repto!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 1:51am
I nominate everyone who wants to be in the presidency and I especially nominate Suzy for secretary.
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:04am
Steve, you are the nicest guy! You need to bring my Chelsea
over to see my baby seahorses!

I am going to decline the nomination, though. I'm still sorta
hurting about last years election.

I truly love the club and what I believed we stand for, so I'm
planning a club protest for us! Roberts Crafts sells dead, dried
fish (not just any fish, an endangered species!) for trickets and
craft projects. I'm trying to get them to take them off the shelves.
This spring, I think we should picket the store! I was hoping we
could get the Goddess of Publicity to let Channel 4 know!
Could be a hoot?!
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:19am
Is there anyone out there that wants to be in the Presidency that has not been nominated?  I'll nominate anyone who wants to help! 
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 1:36pm
Shane H has been an obvious asset, too... concider that a nomination.
www.captivereefing.com
acerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 2:14pm

Suzy,

I definatley think that you should be nominated.  you are the voice of the seahorse.

I also second the nominations I've seen.

Highland, UT

12g Nano

90g Reef
SSpargur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSpargur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2005 at 10:39pm

I would be happy to be to contribute to the club by being a member of the presidency.

I would nominate a few, but they're all already there!

I love this club!

Sean Spargur
West Valley, UT
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 11:34am

Thanks LJBS for the nomination.

I love this club and would love to serve in any capacity.  If you don't vote for me I'm going to volunteer to do things anyway so you may as well vote for me and make it official.

How's that for a campaign speach?

Edited by wsinbad1
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 11:36am
I missed ya, Will!   Where have ya been?  I'll vote for you.  

Edited by Weimers
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 12:10pm
For some reason I went and got myself involved in a very time consuming side project called work.  I hope it gets over soon so I can get back to the important stuff like my hobbies.  Tax season really gets in the way of having fun.  I've been putting in something like 60 hours a week for the last month or so.
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2005 at 12:10pm
I noticed I was nominated for council. I would be happy to be a part of the council and help out.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 12:08pm
I nominate flashmc/Robert Gordon. His recent post in "life without this club" voicing his support of the WMAS was absolutely awesome.

Everyone that has been nominated is so fantastic. It's always the most difficult thing to have to choose just a few of them.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2005 at 1:04pm
I would like to second the nomination for Pistonfister.

He is a total asset, always willing to help out whenever and wherever! P's knowledge and willingness to learn is what the hobby is about. The fact that he is eager to share his knowledge is what sets him above the crowd.

Plus, he plays well with others.   
Cody Pearce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Pearce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 11:30pm

First of all I would like to say how impressed I am with what the presidency has done with the club.  Adam is an awesome president and I hope that he continues to lead this great group of people.  This club would also be no where near what it is today without this website and I am glad that we have someone like Jake to continually maintain it.  I would also like to thank the many other people who have put countless hours into making this club work.

I have been a member for the past year and a half and have had a reef tank for two and a half years.  However, I've had a freshwater tank since I was ten and have loved anything with fish since.  I don't post to often, but I make sure to check out the website everyday and read through the new posts.  Right now I am finishing up my degree at the U.

As I read the post about "Life without this club" made me realize how much more colorful and healthier my tank has become since being a member.  If you think about how many corals this club has saved and grown is just breathtaking.  Most of my corals have come from frags since becoming a member.  I remember when I first started out in the club and had Mark give me a call to help me out with my algae problem.  Thanks Mark.  Don't we all have first time Mark story ?  I have been to many members homes to buy frags and check out their tanks as well as many have come to mine.  I hope to see many more along with how the ones I've already seen have improved.  I was on the reef tour and enjoyed having people over to see my reef.

I am writing this because I would like to give back to this club and donate more than just the $24 dollars a year membership fee.  I would like to volunteer myself in any place that the club needs. 

-Cody

90 gallon mixed reef
My fish swim naked.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 11:42pm

Cody-
As president (and currently the only nomination for pres again) I really try to stay out of this.  I don't want any posts from me in favor or against anyone in the election.  But I have to say your post was most generous, and pretty well summed up my thoughts of what the club has done for me.  An attitude like that is not what we need, but what all organizations and businesses need.
Well said,

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2005 at 11:50pm
I second that!!!!!
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 11:05am
Thanks, Cody! Very well said!

Adam, you will always be the only nominee for President! we
love you! As long as you are willing and able, I will vote for you!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 11:19am

Originally posted by Suzy Suzy wrote:

Adam, you will always be the only nominee for President! we
love you! As long as you are willing and able, I will vote for you!

Suzy- think positive.  I'm sure we can talk somone else into doing this.  The club needs a new pres and new leadership.  Otherwise it will just stay the same.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Kull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 11:36am

I can't make it tonight, but I still want to vote.

"So this is what gives meaning to your life." -Unknown

Daniel in Santaquin
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic