Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Nominations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 11:46am
I love you all and I really appreciate being nominated but  I'd like to decline for this year.  I need to take the time to get to know everyone and learn all I can.  I am also very busy trying to support my hobby.  I'll help anyway I can in the meantime.    
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 12:43pm

Originally posted by Kull Kull wrote:

I can't make it tonight, but I still want to vote.

We will be voting at the MARCH meeting.  We give people a full month to nominate.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
acerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 2:40pm

Adam,

will there be an opportunity to vote online??  I'd like to vote, but don't know that I'll be able to attend the meeting.

Highland, UT

12g Nano

90g Reef
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 3:47pm

I don't think we'll have an online voting.  I'll have to check that.  What I may be able to do is have you tell me one person you are voting for that you trust.  Then tell them who you are voting for and I can give them your ballot as well.  Maybe???  I don't know, just thinking off the top of my head.

Adam

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 3:50pm

Oh by the way....

A couple of you just mentioned that you want to vote.  I agree, you do want to.  Really, you will want to vote.  Not just because it really helps guide the club and choose leaders with ideas you agree with.  In addition there is a prize drawing for everyone who fills out a ballot. And I know what the prize is.

Adam

Edited by Adam Blundell
Kull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 3:56pm

Hey I can make a cool little app for voting.  It wouldn't be all that hard, and also counting the votes would be a sinch

Let me know if you are interested in my services.

I could probably even create it as a webservice, hmmmm

"So this is what gives meaning to your life." -Unknown

Daniel in Santaquin
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 5:29pm

.....and I know what the prize is....  

ADAM!  You're being a tease again!  Big meanie!

Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2005 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Kull Kull wrote:

Hey I can make a cool little app for voting.  It wouldn't be all that hard, and also counting the votes would be a sinch

Let me know if you are interested in my services.

I could probably even create it as a webservice, hmmmm

We considered do that last year, but decided it would be too hard to control as some people don't get on the web page, and only paid members can vote.

The ballot system also allows us to easy enter you name into a prize drawing.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
acerob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acerob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2005 at 11:39am
I think a web app would be cool.  Jake you could just send the link to the paid members.  Only alow them to vote once, and have the cut off before the meeting for next month.  that way you could take all of them with you.
Highland, UT

12g Nano

90g Reef
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2005 at 9:58pm

I'm just bumping this because there is about a week left to nominate people.  I'll encourage everyone on voting day to really think about who will put forth time and effort into the club.  Also just as important is who will really represent you and the way you think the club should be run.

Adam

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 10:45am
 I have decided that I won't have time to serve the club the way it should be. Thanks for the nomination!
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 11:28am
Geez! i'm thinking just the opposite! Adam built me this really
cool gadget and everybody is so nice and I got to hang out with
Bob the seahorse KIng and I only work part time and what
would I do on the nights the presidency is meetin? I wouldn't be
able to have a presidency meeting in the fish room, and I 'd
miss seeing Mark and Jake and Jon and Diana and Renee and
both Shanes and Cortney and Steve and the new guys and
everybody!

Would you guys think I'm moody if I changed my mind? I
measn, moodier than you already know I am? (I am
perimenopausal! It's a medical condition and I can't help it but I
will be medicated if I have to!)
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 11:43am
There are lots of projects, like helping with the Annual Reef Tour, that don't take an all year commitment. The council people need usually give only a spare hour or two each month. It's your personal viewpoint on club matters during presidency meeting that is so valuable.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
chrisslc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 3:00pm

I think I saw my name in a list Adam posted earlier, and I'd love to be involved!

Murray, Utah just north of the park.
"It's all the same to the clam" -Shel Silverstein
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 5:11pm
Suzy, aren't you just kind of a permanent prez member?   Ha ha!        Nobody will think you're fickle if you change your mind.  Not at all!
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 7:11pm

Suzy,

Really... some of the things you do, say, or post just make me smile!!! You da Queen baby!!! SUZY FOR PRES... SUZY FOR PRES!!!

www.captivereefing.com
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 11:50pm

Repto-
Please clarify, is that a nomination?

Adam

reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 1:19am
Sure... why not?
www.captivereefing.com
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 9:56am
Uh-oh.....

How could I even consider running for pres when Adam is
doing such a excellant job?! He is the Man!!

I wanna be secretary! I wanna be the goddess of taking notes
and pics! I wanna be the ruler of all things language! The
goddess of grammar! The leader of literacy! The demander of
spell check! The pusher of punctuation!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2005 at 10:01am
Suzy for secretary!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic