Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Nominations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Presidency Nominations
    Posted: January 21 2005 at 11:40pm

Hello Everyone-
Here is where we will take the Presidency nominations for the upcoming year.  Nominations will continue for one month.  Then, we will have to close the nominations so we can print ballots to be used at the March meeting.  For the club members who are not active on this site, I will also be announcing this at the next meeting (February).

Please email me, PM me, or just post here your nominations, and I will update the list by editing it below.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 11:42pm

The Presidency will consist of a President, and Vice President, and at least 4 council members.  The council members will be taken by the highest number of votes.  After the presidency is elected they will gather and decide who will take on what tasks (like treasurer, public relations, newletter editor...). For an idea of tasks and positions the current presidency positions may be useful, and can be viewed by clicking on "Presidency" over there <---------

Here are the nominations so far

President
Adam Blundell

Vice President
Jake Pehrson

Council
Adam Blundell
Cortney Curran (gonzo)
Bruce Ewald (pistonfister)
Jon Finch (JFinch)
Robert Gordon (flashmc)
Jason Grange (reptoreef)
Shane Heil (Shane H)
Arjen Jonkhart (DutchDude)
Steve Lopez (sjlopez39)
Cody Pearce (Cody Pearce)
Jake Pehrson
Carl Pelletier (Carl)
Mark Peterson
Shane Silcox  (ssilcox)
Chris Singley (chrisslc)
Sean Spargur (SSpargur)
Will Spencer (wsinbad1)
Brad Syphus (tileman)
Diana Tabor (dianatabor)
Renee Weimer (weimers)

Edited by Adam Blundell
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 11:43pm
Inominate Adam Blundell!!!!!
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2005 at 11:48pm

Brad-
Try again.  Try nominating someone like.... I don't know.... yourself.

Adam

smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 7:39am

How much extra time is required besides the meeting?

Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 9:41am

Monthly WMAS meetings, we have a presidency meeting about once every 3 months to decide what we'll do at the next 5 or 6 WMAS meetings.  We e-mail as a presidency fairly frequently.  Quick decisions that need to be made, that kind of thing.  It's pretty simple, Susan....  

Renee

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 2:13pm

I second Tileman's nomination of Adam for president.  And would like to remove my name from consideration.  Adam does a GREAT job in this function.

But I would be more then willing to help out on the counsel doing whatever needs to be done. 

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 2:52pm

Jon- we've removed your name from the nomination last year.  This year, suck it up and get over it.  I'm leaving it on the ballot, large font and all.
Apologize to your wife for me.

Adam

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 5:27pm
I hope Jon doesn't mind me sharing the news. He has been promoted to Unit Operations Manager which is like second in charge at Flying J Refinery.

So if Jon can't be WMAS Pres, well Adam, you're still the man. My ex even votes for you. She liked your recent article. She often asks how you and your sweetie are doing.

I'm not sure if Adams list above was nominations or not. If so, I second those nominations but if not:
I nominate Susan Matney and Renee Weimer for WMAS Council.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 5:31pm

I nominate Diana Tabor & Steve Lopez.

bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 6:24pm
I nominate suzy and sspargur
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
reptoreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reptoreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 10:48pm
Me, I nominate BUGZ and Tileman...
www.captivereefing.com
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2005 at 11:23pm

By the way, if any of you want to win, please be sure and say something here so other's know. 

Adam

Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 1:13am
Just so y'all know, I have enjoyed being on the Presidency council.  I hope to be more helpful in the future! 
Renee and Damon Weimer
Tankless in Hawaii
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 1:28am
Adam has done an outstanding job as presidant of the club.
I would like to see Adam continue as president.
However if a replacement is nessary John is a great guy. I am sure he would also make an great club president.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 7:48am

I would be honored and thrilled to serve on the council.  I am a good leader and learner but very new to salt water tanks. 

Fred and have so many friends in this club already.  Everyone is awesome.  I will also support whomever is chosen and have no hard feelings if it's not me.  I'm pretty busy.

Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 8:28am

Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

I hope Jon doesn't mind me sharing the news. He has been promoted to Unit Operations Manager which is like second in charge at Flying J Refinery.

Is this one of those positions where you no longer have to do any work?  Are you now the guy who can just sit back in his office, screw around on his computer, have a cup of Fresca,  and run a large marine aquarium club?

Adam

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 10:47am

Bugs, thank you so much for nominating me! I have been considering not doing it this year, but when I wasn't nominated, I started getting a weird feeling!

I've never not been a helper!

I am going to pass this year, but being nominated makes me feel a part anyway.

Thank you so much for letting me serve thus far! It's been a hoot!

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 11:06am

Is this one of those positions where you no longer have to do any work?  Are you now the guy who can just sit back in his office, screw around on his computer, have a cup of Fresca,  and run a large marine aquarium club?

Yup... all except that last part

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 11:21am

Suzy-
Please clarify-  are you saying you don't want to be on the ballot, and are skipping the nomination?
Jon- .... well I'm not sure what to say yet, I'll post again later.

Adam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic