Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sponsor section?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sponsor section?
    Posted: September 16 2011 at 9:28pm
Has a sponsor section ever been talked about? It would be a different category where LFS and other sponsors could post news and we could ask questions. I hate the LFS area because they can post stuff and we can't ask questions.

Just a thought
chk4tix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chk4tix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 9:31pm
I agree. There have been any times I wanted to comment or ask questions to a sponsor but with how that section is curently set up it's not user-friendly
Original Crappy Reef Club Member #2

Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2011 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by chk4tix chk4tix wrote:

I agree. There have been any times I wanted to comment or ask questions to a sponsor but with how that section is curently set up it's not user-friendly

+1 to that

Definitely would be nice to be able to talk to them about certain things, and get info that isn't listed, and well other stuff.
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 12:02am
I would want it monitored though. I can see some people wanting to get on their and just argue. That isn't needed.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 12:26am
Hmmm...that's true. Obviously there would have to be a rule about that, but even still, we would still want/need someone to monitor it. I could possibly help with that...I get on the forum a lot every day. It would probably be good to get a couple people to monitor it though, so it wouldn't be such a large task for one person.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 8:54am
The stores have two options. When we started the forum many stores told us they didn't want people to reply to their posts. I think mostly because they didn't want to post "we have flame angels for $40" and then have someone reply "I saw them at such and such for $35."

So the stores have the option of posting in the LFS section where they can make announcements and what not. They can also post in the BST forum if they do want replies or feedback. Such as "here's a group buy on snails, post below if you are interested."

None of the stores we talked to were interested in having a sponsor forum for them.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

The stores have two options. When we started the forum many stores told us they didn't want people to reply to their posts. I think mostly because they didn't want to post "we have flame angels for $40" and then have someone reply "I saw them at such and such for $35."

So the stores have the option of posting in the LFS section where they can make announcements and what not. They can also post in the BST forum if they do want replies or feedback. Such as "here's a group buy on snails, post below if you are interested."

None of the stores we talked to were interested in having a sponsor forum for them.

Adam

Oh, ok then... Guess that takes care of the problem.
ReefOn View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

Adam

I think it would be great. It is hard to get on every hour or so to check it, but to have our own sections would be a great way to see which sponsors are active with the WMAS as well as give us a better outlet to share more deals and group buys for the members of the club.

I do agree however that if someone has a problem with something that happens at the store, they should contact me directly so I can help fix it.  (Often time the problem is due to a break down in communication, or a lack of understanding about our store policies. Either way I try as hard as I can to remedy the problem. Sometimes there is nothing we can do, the person is mad and will never be satisfied.)

In all I would love it.
Jerry

ReefOn

7563 S Main St (700W)

Midvale, Uta
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Ryan Thompson Ryan Thompson wrote:

Has a sponsor section ever been talked about? It would be a different category where LFS and other sponsors could post news and we could ask questions. I hate the LFS area because they can post stuff and we can't ask questions.

Just a thought
You always have the option to PM them! They would most likely see that first.
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic