Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Banggai cardinalfish spawning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
m.ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 8:19pm
Awesome!
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 10:16pm
That's great~

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2011 at 9:29pm
well this time hes been holding them for 14 days,lets hope he keeps going,cross my fingers
hedgefish
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2011 at 10:34pm
fingers crossed Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2011 at 1:33am
We need A fingers crossed smiley :).. * Crossed fingers*

m.ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 8:41pm
Is he still holding them? 
hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2011 at 5:03am
yes he is,its got to be close,waiting to see the little eyes looking out of his mouth
hedgefish
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2011 at 1:53pm
Oh my! This just makes me smile :).
Pam

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2011 at 7:08pm
This thread should be moved to the breeding section so others can see it as well:)
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
m.ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 12:03am

So awesome!  I agree that it should be moved to the breeding section for all to see.

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2011 at 2:07pm
+ 1 on moving it to the breeding section!
Pam

hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 9:09pm
well its been about 20 days and hes still holding,so i made a urchin so the babies could hide in if im not there to help.
hedgefish
hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 9:12pm
hers a picture of dad,which i hope to see babies soon
hedgefish
m.ash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m.ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2011 at 11:36pm
Very cool!  Glad to hear He's still holding them.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 4:46am
Originally posted by hedgefish hedgefish wrote:

yes he is,its got to be close,waiting to see the little eyes looking out of his mouth
It's tail fins sticking out, not little eyes looking out.
Three weeks is it. You should be seeing baby fish inside whenever dad opens his mouth to do the yawn/rearrange thing. Hmmm, that pic does not look like dad has a mouth packed full of full term babies. His gills are too flat. When the mouth is full of babies, the gills stay partly open. Are you sure they are there? Can't you already see tails?
I hope I'm wrong about that. Embarrassed
Have I told you here or have you read how to catch dad at night and help him release the babies before he let's them go and before they become fish food? I would highly recommend that procedure about now.

Edited by Mark Peterson - December 27 2011 at 4:57am
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 5:03am
his gills are speading apart and yes it like little black things at the egde of his mouth,not a very good picture,will take a front view today
hedgefish
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 10:32am
Moved to Breeding Forums as requested.

I hope to soon see pictures of little baby Bangaii's in your homemade urchin.  That would be cool. Thumbs Up
hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 5:11am
heres a better picture of dad,i keep looking every morning to see if babies are in the urchin.
hedgefish
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 2:23pm
Waiting for it.. waiting for it... lol.
I love the make shift urchin. Hopefully they go right to it!
Pam

hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 7:32pm
yes it the waiting,when he opens his mouth you little black ones inside,he may not have to many this time around,but its a start,i hope the urchin works,try to catch him at night with flash light to many holes and crannies in the live rock to catch him. will let you know.
hedgefish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic