Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Banggai cardinalfish spawning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:15pm
You CAN catch him at night, but not with a flashlight. Let me see if I can find where I've written this before...
Yes, here it is. I need to add this to the Reefkeeping Tips. It comes up often enough.
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29554

btw, Bangaii are nocturnal. They cruise the tank all night. Observe them ahead of time in the dim light of a small weak flashlight or dimly lit room. You will see where dad spends his time and can prepare for the catch.

Edited by Mark Peterson - December 29 2011 at 8:26pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:51pm
Just my old man opinion, but if you wait any longer you will miss the 10-15 babies there are and they will just become lunch. If it was me, I'd try to catch him tonight. You have a second chance tomorrow morning before first light. The babies will not hang in the toothpick urchin waiting for you to save them. (It's white, it's strange material and not dense enough.)
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2012 at 11:23am
well just to keep in touch,got two babies from last batch and dad is going on 18 days of not eating.getting close for him. will be watching .
hedgefish
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic