Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

pocillopora dying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hedgefish View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hedgefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pocillopora dying
    Posted: September 29 2011 at 9:08am
my green pocillopora is turning white.it seems to be dying ,i have metal halide so i moved to the lower part of the tank,will this help.Cry
hedgefish
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 10:08am
What are your parameters? It usually does good in high light. How long have you had the coral? What type of flow is it in?

Ive had really weird experiences with this coral, it will florish for months then start to die off so I frag it and the new frags will florish for months and then die off. Ive been putting the frags in different spots to see if that makes a difference. It hasnt been long enough to tell but the pieces in low to moderate flow seem to do really well.

Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 10:20am
All of your parameters will help us.   Can you send a pic and a pic of your setup as well
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

MIK3B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIK3B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 10:27am
I just got some awesome FREE frags of this (thanks pilot_172) that are white on the bottom, and bright green on top.

I assumed that the white was new growth, maybe I should frag the bottoms and move them around...

Good to know it likes low to moderate flow in your tank.    Mine is up high and in moderate to high flow.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 12:02pm
Is that white flesh or white skeleton?
Was it originally all green and then started going white from the bottom up?
To be of more help we really need to see a pic of the coral and of the entire tank.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic