Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My First SW tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My First SW tank
    Posted: October 05 2011 at 1:35pm
Hello, 

This is my fist SW tank.  I have done alot of reading and love all the advice that I have gotten so far from LFS and here.  So I though I would a a few Pics and see if you can see anything that I need to change or even that I should change.  I have added some rock to the sump and the plant has doubled in size. 

Thanks for your time. 

220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
Aquaristnewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaristnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 2:14pm
The only thing I can see from the picture that I would change is get everything down in the sump. Your heater and everything can all go down there so you dont have to look at it in the display. The other thing I would do is put that powerhead down at the bottom of the tank pointing up if possible. Your return has great flow for the surface agitation and the powerhead could be used to circulate stuff from the bottom up. Looking good though. You are off to an awesome start.
150 gallon Reef
Millcreek Utah

lskurys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lskurys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 2:25pm
I do have the heater and everything in the sump.  The only reason that I have the Power head set so high right now is the anemone has not settled yet.  When It does I will move the power head back down.  I think the wire that you though was going to a heater was to the temp prob.  Still not too sure where to put that.  I was not sure if I would want that in the sump or not. 
Sorry just looked at the pictures again.  You might have been looking at the right side of the tank.  I have not had the $ to get a second power head yet.  I have my old Rena 3X running over there.  mostly for extra flow. 

thanks for the advice
220g , large elite aquatics sump. 3 Radion Pro Gen 3 lights 3 Mp 40's
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2011 at 4:33pm
Looks good.
No need for an airstone though.
Check out this mod around the powerhead intake. This allows the powerhead to be placed anywhere and never worry about anemones getting sucked in.

Edited by Mark Peterson - October 05 2011 at 4:34pm
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic