Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cameras

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
radar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2011 at 8:26am
I saw a 60d on KSL yesterday for $800. I think is was without a lens.  Anyone have an opinion on what lens or multiple lenses to use for great pics?
mikenmandymoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikenmandymoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2011 at 8:39pm
I have a Sony Alpha 3 and enjoy it.  I have some trouble getting the ISO to work in order to get nice shots in really low to no light.  But other than that... i really like it. :)
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2011 at 7:52pm
Broke down and bought the cannon t2i. I got a good package deal that came with the 75-300 lens, plus the standard macro lens, 8 gig sd card and back pack. I have a Elite Aquatics camera box and Im playing with it as we speak. So far I love this thing now I need to sit down and learn to use it.
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 9:32am
If anyone else is looking, I am selling a Nikon D80 in perfect condition.  Pm me for details. 
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
Lemonpeel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lemonpeel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2012 at 8:20pm
I use my point and shoot Sony cybershot and I get some pretty good pictures with it.

Here's another one.

Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2012 at 9:44am
Ok I sold the D80 and am in the market for something new.

I am going to use the camera to shoot a documentary, as well as general photography.

I am between these options:

Nikon D7000 vs Canon 7D

or spend a lot more and go with one of these:

Canon MKII vs Canon MKIII vs Nikon D8000

I am swaying towards Canon because they engineered their cameras to shoot in HD video and have had better results than Nikon has (so far), but the 7D is getting kind of old and the price hasnt really changed.  I have read a lot of good things about the D7000 compared to it as well.

The other side of my thought is that I am working on a professional project, so why not shell out a little more and get a camera that has no limits?  That being said, the MKII has been used for a lot of shows and things, but I am wondering if the MKIII is worth the difference?  Meanwhile that new D8000 isn't out yet, but on paper it looks good.  The biggest thing I don't like is the 36 mp.  That wont be great.

Ideas from the pros?
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic