Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noob

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noob
    Posted: October 24 2011 at 4:59pm
Hello everyone. My name is Dave and im making the plunge to salt water. Ive had various freshwater setups but always too scared to reef it. well.... I now have a 120g setup I got off KSL. no fish or corals yet, not until i learn how to maintain and treat anyway. Been lurking here for a month or so now though and you guys seem to be a pretty awesome enthusiast community. I look forward to sharing my experiences and learning from you all.  btw.. nothing is picture worthy yet, so ill post progress pics as i learn :)

dave
480 in wall in progress
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 5:07pm
Welcome! I started out a few years ago in much the same situation and the WMAS has been key to my development in the hobby as I'm sure it will be yours as well.

I would suggest starting up your own tank build thread here- http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=26.

This would be a handy spot for you to throw ideas out there and get feedback from members as you get started plus it's just freakn' cool watching a tank build especially coming from someone just getting into the hobby. 

Good Luck!

Micah
225 Reef (not really mine but i act like it is)

29 Biocube

My Whole House System Build
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 5:22pm
Welcome Dave!

This is a great place to post questions and get pretty quick answers.  It's also cool to see how many different ways there are of doing things.

I have a similar story to Sculpin, I got into the hobby about 10 years ago and 90% of what I've learned has been through other hobbyists here on the board and at club meetings.  If you are like most of us here and can't get enough info on the hobby you should definitely plan to come to the Mountain West Reef Fest on November 6th in Salt Lake.

Edited by Will Spencer - October 24 2011 at 5:23pm
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2011 at 5:23pm
Welcome!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic