Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I have a Bobbit Worm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
19cobra93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19cobra93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 11:29pm
I spent the evening entertaining it. Put on some music, made it some dinner... I fed it some krill, got a brief video of it grabbing my feeding stick a couple times. It doesn't come out of it's hole very much or for very long. It's shy, but not afraid to poke its head out for food, or the potential of food. I moved the zoa colony it's been snacking on, so hopefully that slows down the loss.  At this point I'm going to keep it under observation. It's too small to harm any of my fish, and I've moved my scooter blenny, which is my smallest fish, to my other tank.
boogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 9:25am
if it was my tank i think i would take the rock out and and dip it in some fresh water and try to get that thing out of there before he eats more coral or fish if the anemone is in a flat surface on the rock u can easily take him off there. 
nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 9:50am
unfortunately his nem is huge and is well buried into the rock. 
480 in wall in progress
19cobra93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19cobra93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 2:57pm
Yeah my nem isn't going to be easy to move. He's well attached with two hosted clowns and is quite large. And, that's the only rock he's allowed to be on (no corals).
Sculpin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sculpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 3:18pm
Something so terrible and hideous should not have been so cutely named. I can only pray to the the aquarium gods that I will never have one of those things into my tank.

Good luck getting it out man and watch your fingers they sure look like they have a nasty bite.

Micah
225 Reef (not really mine but i act like it is)

29 Biocube

My Whole House System Build
Pete1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 5:39pm
I just found out that I have a Mantis Shrimp in my tank which sounds almost as bad as your Biobbit worm.  I freaked out and bought this trap on Amazon out of pure fear.  Not sure if it would work for you?

CapnMorgan View Drop Down
The Capn'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CapnMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 9:05pm
Mantis shrimp will not harm corals, there are two distinct types: Smashers and Spearers. Smashers prey on inverts like other shrimp, crabs, etc. While spearers prey mostly on fish. The only real way to tell the difference is to look at the structure of the front legs/pincers. If it looks like a hammer its a smasher, if it looks like...well a spear; it's a spearer.
Steve
My Old 180G Mixed Reef
Currently:
120G Wavefront Mixed
29G Seahorse & Softies
Running ReefAngel Plus x2
435-8
19cobra93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19cobra93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2011 at 10:28pm
Honestly I'd rather have this worm with a face only a mom could love, over a Mantis Shrimp.
Rara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 7:03pm
Just out of curiosity.. Any update?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 10:54pm
Hello Nice to meet you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic