Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coral banded shrimp prego

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coral banded shrimp prego
    Posted: December 12 2011 at 1:17am
Hi All,
I'm quite sure my coral banded shrimp is pregnant. In fact, i know. So has anybody had success with having them live? If i wanted to try to let them succeed, what would i have to do?
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2011 at 3:59pm
That is very cool! I have no clue about this subject at all.. someone will chime in.
Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 9:55pm
If you have a pair they should hatch live. They carry the eggs under their pleopods and release them when they hatch. The "breeding experts" rate them as one of the hardest shrimp to raise. With a pelagic zoea stage of over 5 months?! Definitely a good project to try. I recommend reading a book or 2 on breeding marine fish, clown fish, or peppermint shrimp to get started. 
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 3:02am
looks like its still pregnant.. ill post when i see something new or different.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic