Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help!
    Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:12pm
Help! I can't post on the site at all from my computer after the site maintenance. I can from my phone just fine. What's going on, and is anyone else having this problem
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:41pm
Maybe your phone is still logged in. The system doesn't allow multiple logins.
When that happens occasionally to me with my one and only access to the web, I log out and log back in and maybe even restart my computer if necessary. Problem solved.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:45pm
That was my first thought too, but i haven't had problems before the site went down. I've tried logging out on both with no luck. Guess restarting is always the solution with windows. Hmm.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:55pm
Testing....
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 8:55pm
Oh how I hate computers........

www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Snowsrfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowsrfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

When that happens occasionally to me with my one and only access to the web, I log out and log back in and maybe even restart my computer if necessary. Problem solved.

Not true, unless I have a magic phone. I'm logged in on my laptop and phone as we speak.
"A fish tank is not a pet. It's a TV that you gotta feed." - John Caparulo
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Snowsrfr Snowsrfr wrote:

Not true, unless I have a magic phone. I'm logged in on my laptop and phone as we speak.

Me too:)

However I noticed with the changes looking at the site on my phone is a pain:(
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by bstuver bstuver wrote:

Me too! :)

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 10:13pm
Yeah, I agree with Jackie. The new mobile setup is different and I'm not liking it.
http://zip-zero.com/wmas/imageUpload.php

ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 10:21pm

I missed this on her post originally, but I do agree..I do not like the new phone version either.

Pam

DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2011 at 11:02pm
Mark, I am usually logged in on my phone and computer(s) at the same time. So not the issue.
Jackie, I had the same complaint with the mobile version also. That is until I found you could switch views. Look at the bottom of the web page. Switch from mobile version to classic version and everything's back to normal.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 8:20am
I love the new mobile version! Mobile versions aren't supposed to look like the Classic Version you see on your computer.

They are supposed to be dumb downed for mobile application. I can also post from my phone now without having to go turn off the WYSIWYG function and I LOVE that!

I am glad all the maintenance was done because I avoided this site when using my phone and that is 75% of my internet surfing these days.
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 8:46am
Reef'd Up, try this on the computer:

Log off this site
Shut down and restart
Delete the temp files on your hard drive
Open Firefox (since that's the only real browser) and delete your history, cookies and all the autofills, etc.
Restart (from the issues you're having you must be using Windows not Linux Wink)
Log back in and that should reset everything.

This is what I have to do in Windows for my work computer to get into company sites everyday.

Oh, one more step I forgot, come over for dinner tonight if you have the time.

Fatman
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 9:40am
Reef'd up.  I am not sure what the problem is with your computer, but I would do have Fatman recommended.  It will problem fix the problem.

The mobile version of the site is not quite complete.  Once it is I will make a post on the website.  In the mean time if you do not like the look of the mobile version of the site you can easily change back to the classic look by using the link at the botton of the page.
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 1:02pm
BTW, thanks Jake for all your hard work.
Pam

bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 1:33pm
The only reason I don't like the mobile version is I can only see the forum topics and no threads when looking at it. I have to go into each thing to see if there is something new:( But as Jake said it's not done so I look forward to seeing it when complete.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 2:21pm
I will have to agree the new mobile version is not very user friendly. 
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 3:27pm
The mobile version is now complete.  If you don't like it (then toughWink).  You can always switch to the "classic" view by using the View in: Mobile | Classic button at the bottom of the page (see below).

The only reason I don't like the mobile version is I can only see the forum topics and no threads when looking at it. I have to go into each thing to see if there is something new:( But as Jake said it's not done so I look forward to seeing it when complete.

Although you cannot see the latest post like you can on the classic view, you actually don't have to go into each section to see if there is something new.  Both the mobile and classic view shows how many new posts there are next to the forum.  See below.

Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 10:19pm
Sorry...I thought my "testing..." post showed I fixed it yesterday. Not really sure how, but I did what typically fixes everything Windows.
Glad I was able to spark some other conversations though too.
And...Fatman...you definitely freaked me out for a split second. I was reading posts without paying attention who they were from...and the invitation to dinner caught me off guard. LOL.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2011 at 10:25pm
Ok, I guess I didn't fix whatever is going on.  I can get one post in...and then the second time I try to post I get an error message saying I do not have enough permissions to do whatever.

My phone is off...dead.  I was logged out with all automatic logging turned off, cookies deleted, restarted, temp files gone, blah blah blah.  If I post once it'll work, then I have to log out, close the window, open the window, log back in...then I get one post back on before it starts all over.

www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic