Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tanks for Sale Online?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
superman1981 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tanks for Sale Online?
    Posted: January 09 2012 at 1:31pm
Anyone know of a site with fair prices for tanks?

I've been searching all over the interweb and can't seem to find one.

I'm not actually planning on buying a tank online, but I have a birthday coming up and I'd like to add a glass 65 gal to my Amazon wishlist.

Thanks in advance!

-Tim
Sure you are, you are Crappy Reef Club Member #1 -Chk4tix

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 3:20pm
If a hobbyist is patient and conducts an effective visual and physical inspection, (s)he can select a used tank that is as good as new for less than half the cost. I've always thought that ksl.com and maybe craigslist (and the DI) are the best places to find great deals on used tanks but a person has to be patient and refuse to buy if there are old rough silicon beads, bad scratches on front and back, etc, etc..

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 3:24pm
Mark, I agree 100%, I have purchased all of my tank off of KSL, Craigslist, and of course UtahReefs. I'm just looking for a reasonable site I can add to my Amazon wishlist as something I want. Generally family members send me money on my birthday, with specific purchases in mind. This is more to let my family know what I want than it is to make an actual purchase.

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
Aquatic Evolution View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquatic Evolution Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 3:32pm
Tim;
     It's a long way to Mozambique,  but I'm sure I  can get you one!   Wink
Give me a call if I can help...  Same #
KMastin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMastin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 4:22pm
Aquarium Savers (Aquatica) is great to work with.  I call on Monday and pick stuff up at the end of the week.  So far I have gotten some lighting, chemicals and food.  All at great prices.
Kathy Mastin
xlr8r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xlr8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 11:53am
Ive heard that its difficult to get tanks online due to not only shipping costs because of weight and bulk, but also due to how easy they can break in transit. KSL is a good place. Or LFS Im sure could get you what you want.
When you hear hoofbeats....Think of a zebra

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superman1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2012 at 11:56am
Maybe I need to clarify. I don't want to buy a tank online. I want to add a tank to my Amazon wishlist, I'll even note that if someone wants to buy one to do it locally, not online. I was just looking for a site I could use as a reference.

6 gal nanocube
65 gal build thread
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic