Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So long...for now...kinda

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So long...for now...kinda
    Posted: January 12 2012 at 4:51pm
All,

Unfortunately I have still not resolved the issue with my computer and this website.  The site keeps me in a permanent state of limbo where I don't have permission to post because I'm "not logged in", but it will not allow me to log out either. 

So, until it's fixed, please excuse my lack of posting.  I will read what isn't in the member's forum (since I can't stay logged in), but if you need to get a hold of me, please email me.  I'll try to come to the meetings and get to know everyone.

Sorry again,
Nikki
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Rara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 6:37pm
Buy a new computer.
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:02pm
Testing...
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:06pm
Ha...it worked.  Who knows for how long...(sorry this is so sporadic...which is why I can't figure it out).

Anyway, I just had tuition for my master's degree picked up by my employer, so yes, a new computer is on the shopping list.  This is a 6+ year old desktop.  I reformatted it a couple months ago, so it has been running decent still.  At the time it was a pretty beefy computer (I'm an engineer, so I needed something that could handle my work), but sadly, I think my phone has more...everything...now.

Anyway...hopefully this good luck will keep up.  Maybe enough restarts fixes everything!  Wacko
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:31pm
If it doesn't stay working I'd try switching browsers as well. Your cache and cookies on the browser are stored to keep you logged in while you are out. It sounds like something funky may be going on with those on whatever browser you are using. I use Chrome and never had any issues.

Hope it's fixed for now!
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 5:52am
Let's see....crossing fingers....

I tried switching browsers when this first started & didn't import my settings, and that didn't work either.  That's why I'm stumped. 
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 5:53am
And then, stuff like this happens where it will stay working.  My computer had some updates yesterday, so maybe there was a problem that's fixed now.  I dunno.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 9:15am
I suggest taking the apostophe out of your forum name. I do a lot of web development and apostrophe's often causes problems both on the web side and the database side. Especially with account names. I do know the apostrophe causes problems with our membership program/database and its sync to this forum. So, I have to manually handle your membership account.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
GaryF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 2:54pm
I once had troubles with the site. I thought it was on my end then I turned to my even more geeky IT friends, and it turned out that the DNS server that utahreefs.com was using was malfunctioning. I could access it with Google's DNS server because they cache everything for a long time. If you have troubles again, just check if it helps to use the following address: http://199.127.218.89/forum to access the forum. If this works and www.utahreefs.com/forum did not work then there is something wrong with the DNS server and not your computer.  
Gary Finnegan
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 10:04pm

Ok, if this works, then I guess I needed some update.

Summertop - I didn't realize you had to manually handle my account, and I apologize.  If it's an issue, I would recommend putting a note on the registration page.

Thanks Gary - that's great info, and I'll keep it in my back pocket.  Hopefully I'll never need it.  :)
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2012 at 11:26pm
BAH!  It quick working again.  Gary, I'm trying your idea now.  We'll see which one I can stay on longer.  This is such a pain. 

Summertop - I don't know how to remove the apostrophe.  If someone can change it, please make it ReefdUp.  Thanks.
www.reefdup.com
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 11:47am
ok...I will change it for you (hopefully monday). So, if you can't log in, try the username without the apostrophe.

Also, don't stress about me manually handling your account. Its easy and I only have to do it once.
===========

Shawn Winterbottom
frysauce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frysauce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 12:41pm
SQL and Apostrophes = :S
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic