Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anne's 65g RSM Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2012 at 9:54am
Specific Gravity 1.024
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate ~5ppm
Phosphates 0ppm
PH 8.2
dKH 9.2
Calcium 440
Temperature 76-78F
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 11:49am
Specific Gravity 1.025
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate ~10ppm (slightly lower)
Phosphates 0ppm
PH 8.3
dKH 7.8
Calcium 420-425
Temperature 77-79F

More pics and update on livestock and corals coming soon!
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 2:02pm
Last week, I finally broke down and bought an MP10wES! Dang expensive, but after having it for a while and playing around with it, I definitely think it was worth it. Everything is doing great so far, and my SPS are definitely enjoying the added flow. Pictures coming tonight!
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 12:17pm
Well sad news...Saturday night my gbta decided he was going to go for a walk around the tank and got himself chopped up by the new Vortech. The resulting toxins and changes in the water quality ended up killing my Sailfin Tang. It took me a good 15minutes just to figure out why my Sailfin was dead, but once I saw the remains of the anemone it was pretty clear what happened. Planning to do a 20 gallon water change this afternoon.

As of yesterday...

Specific Gravity 1.026
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 10ppm
Phosphates 0ppm
pH 8.0
dKH 8.6
Calcium 430ppm
Temperature 77-79F

---------------------------------
After doing a 20 gallon water change...

Specific Gravity 1.025
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate ~1ppm
Phosphates 0ppm
pH 8.2
dKH 8.5
Calcium 470ppm
Temperature 77-78F

Edited by Ann_A - April 19 2012 at 9:44am
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 11:02am
I'm just curious, does anyone actually look at this anymore?
Rara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 11:36am
I think you should post more pictures.
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 12:26pm
Is this the Ann that was at ad yesterday buying a pbt?
220 G SPS Display.

Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Rara Rara wrote:

I think you should post more pictures.

I'll try to work on that...I'm bad at updating photos.

Originally posted by Teknik777 Teknik777 wrote:

Yes. Who are you? Do you work there, or were you another customer?

Edited by Ann_A - April 19 2012 at 1:07pm
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 1:15pm

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 1:54pm

Yes. Who are you? Do you work there, or were you another customer?[/QUOTE]

I was checking out the same time as you talking with Ryan.
220 G SPS Display.

Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 2:03pm

Yes. Who are you? Do you work there, or were you another customer?

I was checking out the same time as you talking with Ryan. [/QUOTE]

Oh yea, I remember you.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 2:27pm
Here's a copy of my tank log since I started a year ago:

I will be uploading more pictures tonight!
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 9:34am
Ok I've got all the pictures taken and will be downloading them to the computer right when I get home today...sorry I'm so slow to get pics up!
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2012 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Ann_A Ann_A wrote:

Ok I've got all the pictures taken and will be downloading them to the computer right when I get home today...sorry I'm so slow to get pics up!

Wow I'm pathetic....it takes a "disaster" to get me to take pictures...

So some of you may have seen my thread in the emergency section, titled Disaster!

After spending 4 hours removing all of the rock, fish, coral, and invertebrates, I realized I had just made a huge mistake (this was at 3am). So, after going to Aquatic Dreams and having some sense knocked into me by Ryan, I came home with another 15lbs live sand. After adding that to the current sand bed and mixing it in, I used a syphon and a pump to create a temporary sump in a 5 gallon bucket where I was running a filter sock to clean out detritus from the water and the sand. After doing that for a good 6 hours, I got the tank filled back up to full level, but only put three rocks in to begin with. At about 9pm Saturday I started in on aquascaping...finished at about midnight. I then spent another hour transferring corals, glueing them in place, and moving all the remaining invertebrates back into the tank. After another 30 minutes of letting everything settle, I moved the fish back into the tank. I then spent all of Sunday morning cleaning up buckets, equipment, and just tidying up the living room. So far everything is doing great, and I'm very happy with the new aquascape.

On Tuesday I added a bicolor blenny (thanks again Saltwater Trish!). He loves hiding out in holes and caves in my rock and I purposely built plenty of little caves and crevices for him in the new aquascape. So far he loves hanging out in all of them and sleeps curled up in a little notch in the rocks on the right side of the tank.

Surprisingly my powder blue handled everything very well and doesn't seem to have ich yet, and I'm hopeful that he won't get it from this stressful event. Even if he does though, I feed with garlic and anti-parasitic pellets, and have a UV sterilizer.

Hoping to get down to Salt Lake early this week to pick up some corals from some members on the MB. So far the only thing that I have lost is a purple tip acropora (literally lost...I've no idea where on earth it is...except for the general area of my house) ...luckily everything else seems to be doing quite well and recovering quickly, so I'm confident I won't be losing anything else from this mess.

Before the "disaster" (this wasn't all that recent...but the rockwork was the same)

Now...

Edited by Ann_A - May 04 2012 at 11:06am
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2012 at 12:08pm
As we all know I'm horrible at getting pictures uploaded quickly, but today I have scheduled in plenty of time for it after school, and have actually assigned myself that task as homework for a photography class I'm in.

So I finally went through and inventoried everything I have my tank stocked with and I also grabbed a few corals at the meeting last night...

Fish:
-2 Oscellaris Clownfish
-1 Powder Blue Tang
-1 Bicolor Blenny

Invertebrates:
-CUC
-1 Horseshoe Crab
-1 Red Bubble Tip Anemone (RBTA)
-1 Anemone Crab

Corals:

Softies
-Green Star Polyps
-Yellow Button Polyps
-Daisy Polyps
-Green Striped Mushrooms
-Unkown Leather (possibly toadstool...too small to tell)

Palythoas:
-Brown/Green Buttons
-Armor of God Palythoas
-EZs
-Sunny Delights

Zoanthids:
-Watermelons
-Mandarins (I think)
-Atomic Greens (could be green bay packers...working on ID)
-Blue Hornets
-Red Hornets
-Rastas

Large-Polyped Stony (LPS):
Favia:
-Purple and Green (working on ID)
Cephastrea:
-Meteor Shower

Frogspawn:
-Green with Pink Tips

Hammer Coral:
-Neon Green Tips
-Pink Tips

Acans:
-Red Lord

Small-Polyped Stony (SPS):
-Pink Birdsnest (pink polyps, neon green branches)

Acropora:
-ORA Red Planet
-Purple Tip
-Green Slimer
-Joe The Coral

Millipora:
-Australian Pink
-Rose
-Green

Montipora:
-Purple Encrusting (working on ID)

Capricornis:
-Red/Orange
-Green

Edited by Ann_A - May 04 2012 at 1:49pm
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2012 at 9:38am
Knew I forgot something....I also have a cleaner shrimp

Horseshoe crab died last night, and ever since the whole fiasco with the rocks falling down, he hasn't been doing great, so it wasn't a huge surprise.

Edited by Ann_A - May 07 2012 at 11:40am
CCFMIG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCFMIG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2012 at 6:26pm
I like how the rock is against the back of the tank, it opened up the tank allot. I love them RSM's 
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 11:41am
Originally posted by CCFMIG CCFMIG wrote:

I like how the rock is against the back of the tank, it opened up the tank allot. I love them RSM's 

It actually was against the back last time, and it isn't totally against it this time. The new structure is actually free-standing for the most part. The minimum amount of clearance is about 1/2" between the rocks and the tank.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 12:50pm
I did a 10 gallon water change yesterday, and here are the parameters after doing so...

Specific Gravity 1.026
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate ~1.5-2ppm
Phosphates 0ppm
pH 8.2
dKH 8.6
Calcium 470ppm
Temperature 76-78F
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 1:27pm
Let's see some pics of those Rastas!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
  Share Topic