Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20L mangrove

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20L mangrove
    Posted: January 21 2012 at 10:47pm
It's a start.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 1:40pm
Looks good. I'm curious where you found those mangroves? Or did you grow them to that point yourself?
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 3:26pm
These are from ebay.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/26-RED-MANGROVE-AQUARIUM-FISH-PLANTS-MANGROVES-SEEDS-/230505664779?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ab35510b
The plan is to use this as the main filtration, besides live rock and sand, in a lightly stocked 75 gallon tank with a dark sump.
Ann_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ann_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2012 at 4:48pm
Looks like it will be a fun project! Good luck!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 10:38am
Are you thinking a Mangrove Refugium coupled with a dark sump which, with a little help, would then become a Benthic Refugium of Sponges, Tunicates, worms, stars, etc? Awesome. Thumbs Up
I assume that spot on the towel on the carpet is not the final resting place?
Is the plan to use the overflow port without the skimmer box?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
MadReefer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadReefer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 12:09pm
Yes on the sump. I'll add some rock but no sand.
The display tank is a 75 gallon hex tank that is 3 feet tall. So I will add a very deep sand bed and I might try garden eels at some point in the future, if everything goes well. 
These mangroves will be going into the window with some additional light as well.
I will use the skimmer box on this tank. I do want it to skim the surface. It might be a while before I get it running. Money is slowing me down, but that is fine. I hope the mangroves grow above the water line by the time I fill it completely.
I need some rock. I'll PM you about that.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 12:45pm
I really like your plans.Thumbs Up The rock I have left should work nicely. Smile
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
arthuriv View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arthuriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Ann_A Ann_A wrote:

Looks good. I'm curious where you found those mangroves? Or did you grow them to that point yourself?

I also sell them and have them in stock for $5ea
Quality Marines Aquaculturing & Captive Breeding program!
Presented by Ashley & Chelsea from Reef On
Thursday 6 Oct 2016
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic