Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rimless ~90 gallon build

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Enthalpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enthalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rimless ~90 gallon build
    Posted: January 30 2012 at 8:40am
Just finished filling up my new 90 rimless build. Now I just need to get some rock and let it cycle =].
Chad is the one who helped me put the glass together, did a great job too!
Also just waiting for my light fixutres to be finished anodized so I can put up my lights.  
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 9:31am
Wow very nice!
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
rufessor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rufessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 9:34am
Looking NICE and clean.  I like it.  So what are the lights... halide/T5/LED??
Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler -A.E.
57 Gallon RImless build in progress check the thread before if becomes boring and just full of nice pictures of colorful coral!
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 9:35am
Very nice! Saw this in person over at Chad's and you guys did an amazing job!

Jeremyw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremyw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 9:43am
That is sick! Is that Starfire, or just reg. glass? How long did it take to build? What is the exact dimensions?

Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 10:41am
Great Job, what are the dimensions?
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
Enthalpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enthalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 11:13am

bstuver: Thank you!

Rufessor: They are going to be my Maxspect Mazarras: http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52821&KW=enthalpy&title=fs-72-gal-bowfront, except they will be hanging this time, they are way too bright that close.

ksmart: Yeah it turned out better than I expected =].

disneymania: The front and side panes are starfire the back is reg glass. Actual building time I probably would say ~32 hours including building the stand, overflow, plumbing, etc... Dimensions are: 36"x30"x20"

Laird: Thanks! 36"x30"x20"
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 1:26pm
Very nice! Cannot wait to see it filled with life :).
Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Enthalpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enthalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 7:20am
Ackbar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ackbar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 10:05am
This is looking amazing, im quite jealous! Are you worried about the clean up crew? Im scared to go "rimless" as all my snails seem like they are constantly trying to escape. 
Enthalpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enthalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 10:19am

Thanks! You can't really tell in the picture but I ended up buying a clear 1/4" mesh screen and creating a screen top to go over the aquarium. It was originally for any possible jumpers but now that I think of it my snails can't get out either. But before I had my screen I had a couple snails come close, but none ever really made it out, seemed like once they were out of the water long enough they would just drop back into the tank.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic