Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sump Pumps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sump Pumps
    Posted: September 17 2002 at 9:22am

Any one have recommendations for what to look for in a sump pump as well as good (great) brands to look at? Also, how do I measure how big of a pump to get?

Cortney

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2002 at 12:59pm

I don't have a preference on brands.  But I do recommend the largest pump you can fit into your sump.  When in doubt, add more water flow.  But ask others and see what they think.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Ryan Willden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Willden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2002 at 9:47pm

I know a place online where you can get Rio Pumps for a GREAT price. E-mail me, and I'll give you the info.

Rio's are my brand of choice. They work great!

Ryan Willden

DutchDude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DutchDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2002 at 11:18am

The question is really - how much water do you want to move? Then you need to decide if you want the pump to sit in the water (like my SEN) and have it heat up the water - or if you want to drill a hole in the side of your sump.

I really like my SEN900's (even though I had to replace a little part after a year). They are around $70 which is a great value for the money. I have one on my sump and one on my skimmer.

http://www.exoticfish.com/waterpumps.html

http://www.championlighting.com/e/env/0001-362358-739066249-242640752-3084-1t080/Products/Pumps/pumps.html?link=/Products/Pumps/sen.html

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic