Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

nitrate and ph

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
christopninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christopninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nitrate and ph
    Posted: February 03 2012 at 6:58pm
so i have a 75 gal tank. with 2 tangs (yelow and salfin) 2 tellow tail damsels, 2 clowns and a file fish. ok cleaner crew (need to get more) but my nitrate and ph levels are high. now i have done 3 25 gal water changes i the last 4 weeks ( dont want to over stress the tank) now i have been able to bring the levels down a lil but not to much. any body have any ideals on what else i could do to lower them. i dont want my corals to die and they seem to be doing ok right now but its just a matter of time.
christopninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christopninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2012 at 6:59pm
i forgot i have a 20 gal sump right now. so about a total of 95 gals of water
Quickness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quickness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2012 at 4:13am
you can always try Alpha.  it is made by aqua vitro.
Molon Labe
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2012 at 8:26am
I would not spend money on any more products/supplements. The answer is right underneath your nose, but it's not easy to see.
If you would like to post a pic of the tank, it would help for us to see what you are working with.
We can give you some very helpful and specific help, but we need more info.
Please tell us the N pollution actual numbers, how old the tank is, how it is set up and describe the filtration.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic