Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

six line wrasse got stuck in hob filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
J2 digital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J2 digital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: six line wrasse got stuck in hob filter
    Posted: February 06 2012 at 11:52pm
He went missing today and I thought he was hiding or jumped out. he managed to get into my hob and my friend helped me find him. I should have left him in there but I was worried so I got him back in the tank, I don't know if the other fish are going to pick on him because he is hurt. I know it sounds dumb but he has been a favorite of mine and is one of my most social fish.. Unhappy if anyone has any ideas on how to help him heal if I can separate him again or anything I can do please let me know! Call or text at 801 719 0145 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 6:23am
It's too early to call. I may try later.
I would use Garlic Oil and a little overfeeding to prevent parasites and infection from taking advantage of a hurt fish. See complete information in the Reefkeeping Tips below "Secrets of adding new fish, fish training and the miracle of Garlic Oil."
Otherwise, as the tank is fed a little more, aggression will be reduced and the fish will heal.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 4:15pm
If you don't already have one, then the best thing you could do for your fish is place a cover over the top of your tank so he doesn't do it again or actually make it to the carpet.Smile
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2012 at 4:44pm
If you have a qt tank that would help too.
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic