Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xessive force View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another ??
    Posted: February 15 2012 at 12:15am
I have been noticing some small bubbles coming from the sand when the crabs walk over some areas. My sand is only about two inches deep as far as sand stirring I have a small conch. My tank is a 24 gallon jbj. I am wondering if the sand is not getting stirred up enough and if maybe I need to add another sand stirrer. I was afraide of starving them due to the smaller area of sand in the tank. Maybe a small cuc, mabe some sand snails ??

Edited by xessive force - February 15 2012 at 12:16am
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present.
ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 12:43am
Air bubbles coming from the sand is pretty normal I think. The nitrate eating bacteria turns the nitrates into a gas that is released when an animal stirs the sand or it may build up and rise by itself. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's normal.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic