Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torch coral spawn?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Torch coral spawn?
    Posted: February 15 2012 at 7:27pm
Was walking past the tank this afternoon, and my awesome metallic gold torch colony appeared to be releasing what I assume to be eggs from a couple of its mouths. Anyone ever seen this before? I took a couple bad pics from my iphone.
If you look close you can see the eggs or whatever they are in the center of the pic.

Pic of whole colony

Edited by kellerexpress - February 15 2012 at 7:40pm
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 8:07pm
Looks like it to me!  However, the only coral I've ever had spawn (black sun coral) spawned at the same time as corals in the wild.  I don't know if corals in captivity are able to spawn whenever based on local conditions or are still on their original clock. 
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
xessive force View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xessive force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 11:05am
That is really coo l!!!!!, So when these corals spawn like this do you get new torches growing in the tank from the spawn?  Being new to the hobby I am interested to know if corals can grow that way other then just sprouting new heads and expanding through splitting ??
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that's why they call it the present.
ptronsp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ptronsp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 2:26pm
Actually I think the picture is very cool.. it allows you to see it better with the blues in the background.
Thanks for sharing.. very cool!
Pam

The only clowns I like are in my tank!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic