Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My 270 G. Tank! 72"x37"x24"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 270 G. Tank! 72"x37"x24"
    Posted: February 17 2012 at 1:32pm
My wife and I currently have a 90 gallon tank (48x18x24) and are considering adding a large cube and building a fish room. Here is a picture of the existing tank!

I'm thinking a 48x36x24 or 48x48x24 for the size. Any suggestions on finding a tank or having one built locally?

Edited by troyholl - February 02 2014 at 12:24pm
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 1:36pm
Couple more pics. From my phone so they aren't the greatest...

Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Enthalpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enthalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 1:57pm
Chad Carter does a great job at building aquariums. He built my rimless starfire ~90 gal tank.
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 2:04pm
Do you have his contact info?
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Enthalpy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enthalpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 2:15pm
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 2:36pm
Thanks!

Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 4:24pm
I also build high quality aquariums. Let me know and I can sent you portfolio pics
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

dmanshep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmanshep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 4:29pm
Troy as someone who has owned a 4x4x2 I would love to chat with you about it.. May be able to share some ideas with you..

Pm me if your interested
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 6:36pm
Certainly !! I sent a PM to both of you!
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 8:36pm
Hey Troy!
Glad to see you here. Seems like forever unless I just hadn't noticed.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 9:10pm
Thanks Adam. I knew it had been a while but didn't realize my last post was almost 4 yrs ago! Been busy but man time flys fast!
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 1:08pm
Here is a cool Aquarium i built 3 years ago, Check out the link

[email protected]

troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 1:33pm
Isn't this still in the store? I think I saw it there or somewhere else. It certainly is creative. I would be incredible to see it filled with livestock!

Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 2:07pm
You can see it filled with livestock.... at my house. See if I can upload a pic sometime.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 2:11pm
Cool! I would love to see a picture!
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 2:40pm
Adam you have it?
[email protected]

AquariumGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquariumGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 12:21am
If you decide not to go custom look at the Marineland DD 200g it 48"x36"x27"tall. its my favorite tank that i sell. 
�A black belt only covers two inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest.� - Royce Gracie
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2012 at 5:32pm
Ok.... was away for the weekend but back home now. Here is what I'm looking at doing.

This room use to be my office; but I lost it to my wife's Gym setup and I got regulated to a  sitting room upstairs. She has now got too much equipment for this room so I "might" get it back.

If I do I can put a great size tank here:

And she will move her equipment to the main family room where we currently have our existing tank along with a couch and table...

There is a great size closet behind the wall in the office that I could turn into a fish room. Its about 8x10 in size and there is plumbing and a drain going into the floor that I could access as well. 

Originally I was thinking of a 4x3x24 or 4x4x24 cube but I'm now thinking that the wall it would go on is 6'6" wide so maybe a 5x3x27" or 5x3x30" tank would be better. The sump, Ref, etc. can site in the closet/fishroom.

Thoughts???

Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 10:46am
We are underway! We moved 2/3 of the exercise equipment out of the new "fish" room into the family room and we picked out new flooring to replace the carpet. We have a Cabinet to move from the family room that will require some fixes to the tiles in that area. Hopefully that will happen next week. I have Eric (fire shrimp) coming over tonight to talk tanks! I'm now thinking going with a 5x3x27" or 6x3x27". I really want a "cube" like tank but one as large as I can get down the stairs and into the room!

Starting to think equipment. Ideas are welcome!

Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
troyholl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyholl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 9:48pm
Ok... just made the plunge and ordered a 72"x37"x24" tank with Starfire glass on the two viewable sides from Fire Shrimp! Also ordered new hardwood floor for the Library/Fish viewing room as well! 

Lots to do!!
Troy Hollingsworth
Riverton, Utah

270 Gallon "Custom" Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic