Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marine Land Reef 58g

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AquariumGuy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquariumGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marine Land Reef 58g
    Posted: February 20 2012 at 12:05am
After 1 year with out a tank I have decided to set up another tank. 
My last tank was a 65 reef.

It was really cut and dry. Sump skimmer t-5 lighting and a good mix of corals and fish. When I took a job with UPG I sold it and moved to Seattle. My job has asked that I participate in a testing team for old and new products. How could I say no!  So I will be setting up a 95% UPG tank. What that means is it will consist of mainly Marineland parts and I will only be using Instant ocean salt. I will do mainly a LPS and soft coral tank. Due to my insane travel schedule I have got to keep it as easy as possible so my Girlfriend can keep up on it while I am on the road. 
So this is my plan. I will be setting up a 58g reef ready Oceanic tank this is the 5% that is not my product but I like the size a lot 36”x18x21”tall.
I will be running 3 of the ML reef capable LED systems  this will be plenty of light for what I want to achieve. 
I will be using all other Main parts from Marineland. I will probably mod these items a little help achieve what I want. 

I need to go out and get some rock from the local stores in my area but I was thinking about marco rock what are your thoughts?

I am excited to get this rolling but it will have to wait another week because I need to go to Alaska. I will post photos as I go. 

Any thoughts are appreciated. 

“A black belt only covers two inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest.” - Royce Gracie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic