Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acrylic Buffer?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Footyfourteen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footyfourteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acrylic Buffer?
    Posted: February 24 2012 at 11:48am
i have tons of micro external scratch on my new 180g acrylic tank and wondering if there are any acrylic buffers out there that will polish them up? 
MIK3B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIK3B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 12:41pm
I have and use this kit, it works great to restore hazy headlight plastic lenses too.

You might be able to find it, or something comparable elsewhere too. It's basically multiple grades of special wet/dry sandpaper that you use in succession to sand down the scratches and then use a final polish compound to buff out the really fine scratches.

You can also pick up a product called Novus Plastic Polish at Delvies plastic or Region Supply that will buff and polish fine scratches it's a lot like a car wax in a way, but if you can feel the scratches with your fingernail, you'll want to use a sandpaper buffing kit.

Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic