Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bulkhead leaking!!! (resolved)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bulkhead leaking!!! (resolved)
    Posted: February 27 2012 at 5:43pm
I had a fish caught in the overflow so I tried removing my durso pipe and I think I loosened up the bulkhead because there is water leaking. I turned off the return pump and the overflow is now empty. I am unable to reach my bulkhead to see if it's loose because the hole in the stand is way to small. Is there a such thing as a bulkhead wrench? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I cant use my overflow until this problem is fixed :(

Edited by BillyC - February 27 2012 at 8:12pm
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 5:47pm
Ideally I need a way to cut out a little more of the stand where the tank sits on. Anyone have a saw or something similar to do the job?
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 6:18pm
Eric davis is on is way to help out so hopefully I'll be good to go tonight.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 6:28pm
Sorry you aren't closer... I have a wrench if you need it.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 6:38pm
The EXACT same thing happened to me last week. Fish stuck so I pull the durso out to let it go through then my bulk head was leaking. I took a wrench and gave it a about a quarter turn and that fixed it.
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 6:55pm
I have a bulk head wrench. If you fill like braving it, I have a dremel you could use to cut the hole in the stand bigger.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 7:18pm
Tanks a lot guys! Eric is here working on it right now because my bulkheads are almost impossible to get to.
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 8:13pm
Eric just left and problem is solved. If anyone ever has a tank emergency I promise you won't be disappointed with him.
Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 10:29pm
So who is this Eric and how do we get a hold of him when we break things?
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 11:06pm
<<<-----  ERIC

Aquarium Creations Inc,

This was a little tricky one, The stand had holes just a little bit bigger then the bulkheads so you couldn't use a bulkhead wrench or any wrenches, Glad i was able to help fix this and get the fish out of the overflowThumbs Up

Edited by FIRE SHRIMP - February 27 2012 at 11:18pm
Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Fatman Fatman wrote:

So who is this Eric and how do we get a hold of him when we break things?

Everybody better write this phone number down in case your tanks decide they wanna be all over your kitchen floor!
Very fast and impressive service.
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 11:50am
Which fish was it? 
Call or Text (801)834-3119
BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 12:23pm
Haha both my clowns and the wrasse I thought was dead!!
Trevor40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 1:35pm
Holy COW!! Thats crazy. Just another reason to install the netting;) Good thing you already have some to throw on there. 
Call or Text (801)834-3119
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 4:38pm
Awesome bulkhead nut wrench for tight spots.
Rainbird sprinkler adjusting wrench - $6 at Ace or other hardware stores

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 4:39pm
Eric is awesome!  He helped a friend and I out last week with a tank tear down and delivered water to hold the corals and fish in while she had some tile work done.  The best thing is his fast emergency help like he was able to do for BillyC. Thumbs Up

Thanks Erik!!!
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 9:40pm
Mark, I wish we could of used a wrench, But there was no room at all for a wrench of any kind, 
Will i have all your stuff your ordered Thumbs Up 
[email protected]

Fatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 11:12pm
Now I know. Good to meet you Eric and glad to have you around for those special little emergencies I seem to always have!
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2012 at 11:25pm
Nice to meet you to Kevin, Don't hesitate to call me if you need help 24/7
[email protected]

phinfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2012 at 7:51pm
I just wanted to make mention that after reading this I gave Eric a call and asked a few questions about the issues I have been having with my tank.  After making an appointment, he arrived on time and was very helpful.  He spent at least 1 1/2 hours maybe more discussing several things that could be going on.  I now have a plan based on his recommendations.  I would highly  recommend his services.

Thanks Eric
John 3:16

93 GAL. Cube, 8 T5's, Elite Aquatics sump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic