Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: March 07 2012 at 10:42am
Hey All
Well I used to lurk a bit when this forum started I dont remember how many years ago. But looks like it has grown into something very unique, informative and helpful to us reefers. Just like a frag :-)
Anyway just wanted to say hello. Been into marine for 20 years or so off and on serious. Know is the time for me to really get it going. Tank has always been there and running and at times very striking and beautiful. But life takes you different places when your building a business(or losing:-)) and raising a family. Anyway its time to up my game. Just getting ready to build my DIY LED rig so that should be fun. Sure I will be posting some questions on that. So that means Ill be dumping my T5 system if anybodies interested.
I have a 170 reef in my master in the wall. I built this before I really had a great understanding of how much room you need outside the tank. Boy if I could go back in time when I built I would have built a room just for the tank. So it has constrained me room wise underneath but hey work with what you have.
So just saying hello and  looking forward to chatting with you all on the forum and maybe at a monthly meeting.

Lance

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 10:57am
LOVE those choices of fish you have.

Also, welcome, great to have you here.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 2:17pm
Wow - 2 of my all-time favorite Angels in the same tank Clap

What is that orange thing just below the Imperator in the photo?

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 3:45pm
Thanks!
Its a sponge. Well my favorite Angels also. Unfortunately he(emperor) bit the dust last night. Little bit of a pressure sale I bought it a few weeks ago from Live rockin reef and I shouldnt have. It was like hey Ive got twenty guys calling are you going to buy it or what? Should have passed looked great brought it home and had ick cysts in the morning. I havent seen ick in my tank in over 10 years now all the fish have it so well see if Im going to have a fish reboot, I hope not. Anyway no more impulse buys for me on untreated fish. Cry I had an Emperor for about 8 years they are great fish and not to bad in a reef. Love zoo's unfortunately.
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 3:46pm
By the way these Angels never go at it. Even my last one they were very good together.
Tanuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 4:12pm
Very nice tank.  I can't wait till I can say I have been in the Marine world for 20 years.  My journey including freshwater is maybe to 15 though. 
Defending Reefscape Champion (I Think)
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 4:34pm
Well its been fun most of the time but man when you have a reef tank and nice fish and you see ickAngry.  Dont have room for a quarantine tank but maybe I can convince the wife to put a tank in the basement.........just dreaming.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2012 at 5:24pm
Awesome Tank!! Welcome! Its a joy to have new- old hobbiest come out of the closet :)
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic