Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Bubble Tip Anemone and Metallic Hammer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phinfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Bubble Tip Anemone and Metallic Hammer
    Posted: March 11 2012 at 9:45pm
my hammer has done this a couple of times.  when I reported the problem, I was told that it was growth.  my hammer is currently 4 times as big as it was when I bought it.
John 3:16

93 GAL. Cube, 8 T5's, Elite Aquatics sump

wickedsnowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wickedsnowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 9:57pm
I had this happen once on some hammer. I am not sure was caused it but when the bubble finaly popped it killed the head. The rest of the colony was fine and was happy except that one head.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2012 at 7:21pm
I have a @3" across bubble anemone and a metallic hammer in my 50 gallon. The hammer has been in there for at least a month almost two. and the anemone has been in the tank over a month. They look healthy most of the time occasionally on certain days one or both will be more withdrawn than normal. But they come back looking just fine the next day (this happens especially at night.) But today they are both showing huge bubbles on there bodies (see pics) The red bubble is completely withdrawn and only a bubble is showing. Is this a reason for concern? And if so what is too be done? Thank you for your time.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic