Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2012 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Mark Peterson Mark Peterson wrote:

I disagree. I would not add a Damsel. There is no need to shoot aimless into the dark. We can illuminate this and actually help you resolve the problem. To work toward the resolution, please post a pic of how it looks today and what are the most recent Alk and Ca readings.

I suggested it because we have no information on why his fish died (other than ich).  All parameters are good now, so the only way I know of to find out what is happening is to get more data on what happens when a fish is added.

However I know you have much more experience, and may figure it out with what we have, so that is great!!
Moosetang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosetang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2012 at 12:12pm
I actually did test the Ph this morning and it was at 8.2. I can get pics up tonight. It is an open top as far as a cover that was mentioned. Is there a specific rock mark that you need to see or just the left side in general?
Moosetang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosetang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 7:44am
I know I'm slacking on the pictures but here's an update. Algae is 95% gone. This is great! I would love to add a couple clowns. Would that be to much in the situation I'm in? Iv had clowns in the system before and did great but I traded them in. What your opinion. Thanks guys!!
Moosetang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosetang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 7:48am
I did get my water tested yesterday. I don't have all the numbers with me but everything checked out good Exept phosphates. They were at .08. Added phosphate remover.
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Moosetang Moosetang wrote:

I know I'm slacking on the pictures but here's an update. Algae is 95% gone. This is great! I would love to add a couple clowns. Would that be to much in the situation I'm in? Iv had clowns in the system before and did great but I traded them in. What your opinion. Thanks guys!!

I thought you could not keep a fish alive in the tank for more than 2 days?  If you want any help in the matter, you have to share more information with us. 

1- give a complete history of the tank, including fish/corals added, and how long they lived and what hapened to them.  Also any changes you have made to the tank, what conditions were like.  If you don't give us details we cannot help.

2- post some pictures of rock, sand, sump, (every detail helps)

3- give us all current water parameters

Without that we are just guessing.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 11:58am
A clear pic of the left side of the tank is what I was asking for. I want to see that LR because it may hold a clue to the fish mortality problem. I feel David's frustration. Please provide more information. We really can resolve this problem, but not without your help.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic