Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Teknik's 90g Reef

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Teknik's 90g Reef
    Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:23am
My name is Allen. I have been a member for some time now but have never took the time to start a tank thread. I have a 90 gallon reef tank that I have had for about three years. I have had a fresh water tank and had a passion for fresh water angel fish and Africans since I was little. My father had always been in the hobby. After my roommates killed my fish from alcohol poisoning I am assuming....long story. I gave up on the hobby for some time. Then I started in the salt water hobby four years ago when my wife and I decided randomly one night at Bird World that I needed to get a salt water tank. Every time we went to the LFS I always wanted the salt water fish and corals. So we came home with a 29g BioCube. I have to be working on something and since I gave up Drag Racing after hitting the 1/4 at 10.68 seconds with a 628 WHP honda civic.

I needed something else to consume my time lol.

Here is some the pictures I have from my 29g Bio Cube.

Edited by Teknik777 - July 08 2012 at 10:20am
220 G SPS Display.

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:33am
My Dad had heart problems and couldn't take care of his 90 Gallon Reef Tank. So I was lucky enough to bring it to my house! Here are some pictures of when I first set it up.

I had a Zebra Eel for a few months...

Then the tank really starting looking good!

Then the tank started to look really bad..heater issues killed just about every coral I had...who knew that 90 degrees wasn't good for your tank? That's what you get for a cheap heater and a 9.99 coral life temp thing. Lesson learned next chapter.
220 G SPS Display.

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:34am
Looking forward to seeing this 90 reef of yours in person when we're neighbors bro
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:47am
Haha did Courtney have his hands on that civic at one time?
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:49am
I have gone on long enough so I will post a few pictures of the tank currently and add pictures of my corals and fish another night when I get some time. I have made some equipment and lighting upgrades. I have learned so much and love this hobby more and more everyday. I have really taken on a new interest in Acans and Acros this time around. I have pretty much started over with frags and small colonies. I still have my first two fish! My four plus year old clowns you saw in my 29g bio cube. I would love any feedback and/or questions about my tanks..I don't know everything but I feel now in this stage of Salt Water level I have passed the Beginner stage and moved on to Intermediate lol! I have many friends that I have met through WMAS! Oh I also have a 8g biocube that is home to two Kuda Sea Horses. I doubt anyone will read this entire thing but thanks for your time if you did! I will get pictures of my current fish and corals sometime soon!

220 G SPS Display.

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by BillyC BillyC wrote:

Looking forward to seeing this 90 reef of yours in person when we're neighbors bro

You better come up the first weekend!

And here are my current pictures:

220 G SPS Display.

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Cody Cody wrote:

Haha did Courtney have his hands on that civic at one time?

Yes good old Court! He did have it at one point and time for a little while when I first got the new LS VTEC Engine put in.

This doesn't happen to be Cody like back in the day black civic..Mia Cody does it?
220 G SPS Display.

tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 7:19am
Very impressive Allen.  It's nice to see your tank finally. LOL
Everything is looking good.  Your sump is out of room.Big smile
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 8:07am
I am looking to get an eel for my tank when completed.  What did you think of the Zebra - did you like it?
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 10:51am
Originally posted by tileman tileman wrote:

Very impressive Allen.  It's nice to see your tank finally. LOL
Everything is looking good.  Your sump is out of room.Big smile

Thanks Brad. Now I just have to wait a few years for it to grow out...patients lol. The sump is a little full its hard fitting all the stuff you want in there..I still have my auto two part dosers to fit in there...
220 G SPS Display.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 11:11am
Pictures don't do this tank justice!

Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 11:18am
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

I am looking to get an eel for my tank when completed.  What did you think of the Zebra - did you like it?

I loved having my zebra...I do miss her but she knocked everything over stressed my powder blue and others to death..if I ever do an aggressive tank I would get one again or a Hawaiian dragon eel..reef wise I would suggest against it...they eat and poop a lot! I have videos of it eating if you are intrested lmk
220 G SPS Display.

Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 5:31pm
Haha no I'm not that Cody but I do know him. I am a DSM person but I've been in the race scene since 99.
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 6:47pm

Haha no I'm not that Cody but I do know him. I am a DSM person but I've been in the race scene since 99.

Your a DSM'er huh...I have respect for 4G63! Owned one and worked on my buddies daily lol back in the day
220 G SPS Display.

Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 1:13pm
Yeah love those cars. It's in my blood. It should be pretty quick.
Melissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 2:05pm

Yeah love those cars. It's in my blood. It should be pretty quick.

Understatement of the yearTongue
Cody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 5:47pm
^^^ quiet you
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teknik777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:41am
So I finally got my dosing pumps hooked up and running. I will post pics of my homemade dose line holder. I know your all excited. I also got a new filter sock holder and some new filter socks with the plastic ring. I also snapped a few pictures with my new phone.

220 G SPS Display.

ksmart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 11:58am
Sweetness! when are you going to have some frags of those rics?! :)

BillyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2012 at 7:11am
One of the nicest tanks I've seen. So many crazy colors in one tank!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic