Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sea Hare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sea Hare
    Posted: March 27 2012 at 9:12pm
So i have had a sea hare for several months and today he wasnt moving and was slimming from his rear. When i touched him he was very stiff . So my question there are many causes to death in aquatics but could it have been something i did or didnt do ? Keep good params feeding etc is well taken care of . any thoughts ?

kellerexpress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellerexpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 9:23pm
Maybe it just ran out algae to eat and starved. I hope you took it out of the tank, I heard they can be quite toxic when they die.
IM 30L
Kessil A160we x2
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 10:35pm
He was out as soon as I noticed he didnt move ...maybe like 14 hrs as i was at work was doing good night before so i thought. Seen his poop shoot leaking and he was out asap ! Put him in a container but no movement .....I sure hate loosing anything !
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:39am
Sorry to hear of the death and hope it doesn't cause any problems.
Before you purchased the Sea Hare, had you heard the truth about them, that they should be used only as a temporary last resort(more snails are much better), that they easily die, get sucked into powerheads, chopped into pieces and can actually Nukenuke the tank? Dead

This thread of the last few days shows what can happen:
http://utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55268
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic