Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bubble coral bail out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bubble coral bail out
    Posted: April 21 2012 at 10:02pm
Not to steal a thread but......I have a lime green candy cane with 3 rather large heads it has about 10 spots were they used to be . They will eventually repopulate those spots ? 
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:05am
Good job. It may grow new skeleton. Also, I would not put the old skeleton in the closet. I would keep it in the system because LPS are known to grow babies from old skeletons.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
SkylerS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkylerS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 12:28am
So i rescued this bubble coral a couple months back that was knockin on deaths door.  It only had polyps covering about 1/4 the skeleton.  Over the next several months through target feeding it started to grow, and I got it to a little over half of the skeleton.  Well about a week ago I noticed the polyps started to detach and today I went to target feed it and POP, the polyps bailed.  So, I collected them and put them in a glass cup and into my sump.  I'm just wondering if anyone has seen these regrow their skeletons and how long it takes.  Should I keep feeding it?  Tips?  Thanks everyone.  I figure something must have colonized in the skeleton, bristle worms or pods, and irritated the bubble causing the bail because it was really starting to do well, big inflation, even developing sweeper tentacles.  When I got it, it was a tiny amount of green goo barely covering a small portion of the skeleton.

Edited by SkylerS - March 28 2012 at 12:36am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic