Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is my 225 gallon aquarium going to break??????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 9:14am
My existing 170 was acrylic and bowed quite a  bit always made me nervous, especially when the kids would hit it with a soccer ball ;-)
Luckily it was well constructed but after about 10 years it cracked the bracing and just was a nightmare all the way around. I say cut it up and make a smaller one or use it for a sump half full or do what I did get a starfire :-) theres a nut ball of a guy in Canada that will do them pretty cheap.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 10:00am
If you go Glass, DO yourself a favor and have it built local. Ive had lots of tanks shipped in from glass cages and Lemar. By using some one local you dont risk damage, you have better quality due to the fact that if something goes wrong they are right here. Warranty issues are taken care of without shipping across the country.

Both Aquarium Dreams and Aquarium Creations both build custom aquariums at awesome prices.

Edited by Dion Richins - April 02 2012 at 10:00am
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

If you go Glass, DO yourself a favor and have it built local. Ive had lots of tanks shipped in from glass cages and Lemar. By using some one local you dont risk damage, you have better quality due to the fact that if something goes wrong they are right here. Warranty issues are taken care of without shipping across the country.

Both Aquarium Dreams and Aquarium Creations both build custom aquariums at awesome prices.

+1 ClapClapClap

- My Current Tank: 65g Starfire (sitting empty for 2+ years) -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
Boxfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boxfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 12:00pm
Hey I agree on local no one was doing starfire here local when I got mine. Well one guy and it was 3 times the price. Im sure its much better now.
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 6:04pm
Any updates on this.....Shocked
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
gmc9sqm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmc9sqm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 6:35pm
Sorry i was out of town for a few days. I have decided to look for a new aquarium, its not worth the headache to me to be worried all the time. I have drained about a third of the water right now so it wont break but so i can keep my live rock alive, until, i can find another one. I see a few of you prefere glass, is their any up side to an acrylic aquarium besides the weight? Thanks for all of your help so far.
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 6:49pm
Nope.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Dion Richins Dion Richins wrote:

Nope.

Agreed.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
laynframe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laynframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2012 at 9:20pm
something that big id go glass for sure!
The time we enjoy wasting isn't wasted time!!!!
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 6:49pm
put it up on ksl as a terrarium and specify it cant hold water. you can make some money back on it and use it to a new (better) aquarium..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic