Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verified Sellers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verified Sellers
    Posted: March 30 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

We have tags on our names for Paid or Presidency.  Why not a tag for Verified.  Verified could mean 1-2 people have vouched for you on purchases.  That way if you see two people offering on a coral, it may help you make your decision if you see that the person has been a good buyer/seller before.  

None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
Lewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 3:10pm
How would we verify? would it be the word of those members? I guess what I'm trying to write is how do we verify the word of the vouching member? If I see something offered by someone with under 50 points I wonder about the real committment of that person. But I see someone who has been a member for years with thousands of points I feel that person is more reputable with this club.
40 gal w/ 20 sump
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 4:29pm
Well, im not sure, maybe a rating like whats on r2r and RC.
if you have a good experiance do a (+) and if the transaction went bad do a (-)
Josh M.
Phone: 406.471.1334
DLindquist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLindquist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by jwoo jwoo wrote:

Originally posted by jdinchak jdinchak wrote:

We have tags on our names for Paid or Presidency.  Why not a tag for Verified.  Verified could mean 1-2 people have vouched for you on purchases.  That way if you see two people offering on a coral, it may help you make your decision if you see that the person has been a good buyer/seller before.  

Love the idea. +2 for Troy and Pam.
A government strong enough to give you everything you want, is powerful enough to take everything you have.

Laird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 11:58am
Bump, lets make this happen!
Indefinite hiatus from sw aquariums.

Once I have my glorious return I'll set back up the following.
50 Gallon rimless cube.
180 Gallons mixed reef paradise
jwoo View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 12:02pm
The Presidency will discuss this at our next meeting. Which should be fairly soon. We do one a quarter. We'll keep you up to date.
None at the moment
Soon: 72 Gallon Bowfront
builderofdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote builderofdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2012 at 10:19pm
Ebays Feedback would be a good base to start with.
It's Not a Hobby It's an Obsession
150&210 Gallons of Madness and. Sanity! 801-850-4915

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65135&title=builderofdreams-feedback-post
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 7:14pm
Any word on this idea? I have had a few very positive trades lately and would like to share that info .....
Josh95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

Any word on this idea? I have had a few very positive trades lately and would like to share that info .....

I agree, I verify Akira as a seller/ trader.
Josh M.
Phone: 406.471.1334
Jeepkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2013 at 11:25pm
It looks like this hit a wall. What happened? I like the idea of a rating system.
Brian.

"It's a Jeep thing!"
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 6:44am
I believe that legal counsel would be that the presidency not attempt this because of the hassle involved in accomplishing fair treatment and for protection of the WMAS and themselves from libel suits.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ReefdUp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ReefdUp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 9:41am
My own personal $0.02 is this...

I'm asked to arbitrate sales gone wrong quite frequently, even though I wasn't involved. It's difficult to get both sides of the story fully and to give fair recommendations. And, some people, no matter how fair of a resolution I suggest won't be happy until they get everything they want for absolutely nothing in return.

I expect we would see the same for a "verified" status. Yes, the vast majority of the time, people would probably receive a good rating, but we (as the Presidency) would probably end up spending the majority of our time trying to resolve poor ratings. Our (volunteer) time is spent tracking down speakers, arranging donations for raffles, fundraising, dealing with spam, etc. We're not complaining. We're just limited on how much time we can dedicate to certain aspects of the club. And, adding more people to the Presidency doesn't necessarily solve anything (more people in management often means even less gets done).

That was my own personal viewpoint. I will no longer serve on the Presidency in 2014 as I cannot dedicate the time required. What the new Presidency council decides is entirely up to them.

My recommendation is this. Instead of having a "verified" status, look up the person's profile. See how long they've been in the club, how much they've posted, and (in my opinion the most significant indicator) see how many times they've been "thanked". Getting a "thanks" may not be directly related to selling, but it does show how valued that club member is to the group.
www.reefdup.com
Diving since 2009, reefkeeping since 2007, & fishkeeping since 1987
200g, 75g, & 15g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 10:30am
Thanks!

Edited by Mike Savage - December 13 2013 at 10:30am

Jeepkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2013 at 4:27pm
I do look at the things you mentioned Reefdup. It does give me more confidence in buying and selling from and to strangers. I didnt really think about how big of a burden it could turn in to for you guys. Im sure I speak for every member on here by saying that we do appreciate all the time and work you guys put in to keep this awesome site going.

Edited by Jeepkid - December 13 2013 at 4:45pm
Brian.

"It's a Jeep thing!"
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2013 at 10:31pm
Bought more corals from  Builder of Dreams tonight the corals are all doing great, frags were bigger than we thought they would be, and he was able to throw in a few loose ones from his tank, Thanks Paul
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
sh2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sh2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2013 at 7:24am
I like the idea. It is good to let member know who is doing a fair trade so the next one can be carefull on dealing with the person who does not follow through the trade or sale.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2014 at 9:21pm
So i looked at my own profile and I have a few "thanks" How do you get them as I never knew I even had them?  This way I can thank others.

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2014 at 8:55am
On the top right of each post is a "Thanks" button.  It's right between the "Post Options" button and the "Quote" button.  Users can click this button to thank the poster for their help or for posting good info, or for any other reason.
Softplan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softplan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

On the top right of each post is a "Thanks" button.  It's right between the "Post Options" button and the "Quote" button.  Users can click this button to thank the poster for their help or for posting good info, or for any other reason.

Good to know on the "thanks" button.  I'll make sure to use that.
bur01014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bur01014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2014 at 12:22pm
need "verified buyers" as well...sick of the no shows...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic