Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Weberlaxplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weberlaxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ick
    Posted: April 07 2012 at 8:27pm

Hmmm, i cant seem to get rid of ick. My royal gramma always has it. I didnt see him eat today. Could he be a gonner????

How in the world do i control ick??? Does regular waterchanges work??? Anything else i need to know??

Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 8:53pm
It seems like everyone has there way to deal with ick.  The most common remedy on this forum seems to be garlic (soak your food in it before you feed).  It didn't do much for me (but that could be because I didn't try enough kinds).

I think everyone will agree that a uv sterilizer will help (slow flow through it).  Not only does it kill parasites (reduces the concentration), but it also increases water quality.  I swear by a uv sterilizer and probiotica.  But it could just be me.

You could also do freshwater dips (but that is stressfull).  Or you could put the fish in a hospital tank (again stressful, and takes a long time to fully treat, and you really need to put all the fish in it for it to work).

Edited by Davidwillis - April 07 2012 at 8:56pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weberlaxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 9:03pm
Hmmm okay... I need to find a UV steralizer then.... HMmmmm
Davidwillis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davidwillis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 9:14pm
You could always try the garlic.  Mark has an article about it, and many people have had good luck with it.  But if your fish is not eating, then it won't help.
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 9:33pm
my blue tang had it this past week. I bought some of the garlic brine shrimp from food fish direct at frag fest. I've fed that every night. Each day my tang is looking better and better. I would definitely recommend that food. backwards32 is the guy that sells it. 
rize2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rize2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 9:34pm
I've also heard that cleaner shrimp can help. But I'm not sure

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weberlaxplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 9:45pm
Thanks perhaps i will swing by there after work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic