Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Acan head died within in a day cause ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acan head died within in a day cause ?
    Posted: April 08 2012 at 10:47am
Welcome,
You have some to the best place for the best answers.Smile
What are the Alk and Ca levels now ?
What was the Ca before dosing?
Can we see a pic of the entire tank?
How old is it and what is the filtration?
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bstuver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bstuver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 1:55am
What is next to the acan? If its just a head it may be too close to another coral that killed it, however acans pack a nice sting so it would need to be something that packs a good punch.
Jackie Stuver

"wait these aren't the happy Hawaiians oompa doompa godly heaven on your face zoas?   I dont want them then. lol!" Ksmart
kyser-soza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyser-soza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2012 at 11:50pm
i have an acan that is about the size of a base ball and today i noticed one of the heads was completely dead. i bought a peppermint shrimp and thought it may have eaten it then i noticed my hard coral was dieing too. i am new i don't know what they call it it looks like a piece of rock with green on it and its a hard coral. i changed my water everything else looks good i put in a clam and a few other corals last night that i bought from frag fest and the acan was fine probably didn't notice my hard coral. any ideas on what might have caused this ? i did dose with calcium last night and may have over done it a little bit but i have read that it should be ok. thanks for the advice
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic